|Seiyuu||Taketatsu Ayana ( )||Availability||Construction (LSC)|
|Artist||Shizuma Yoshinori (しずまよしのり)||Implementation||2013/08/08|
Yamato Class Battleship
|Evasion||27 ()||AA||50 (94)|
|Range||Very Long||Luck||12 (79)|
|46cm Triple Gun Mount||7|
|15.5cm Triple Secondary Gun Mount||7|
|Type 0 Observation Seaplane||7|
|- Unequipped -||7|
Yamato Class Battleship
|Evasion||( )||AA||68 (104)|
|Range||Very Long||Luck||13 (79)|
|46cm Triple Gun Mount||7|
|12.7cm Twin High-angle Gun Mount||7|
|Type 22 Surface Radar||7|
|- Unequipped -||7|
|[Edit]Yamato Kai Equipment Bonuses|
|Type 1 Armor Piercing Shell Kai||+2|
|Type 96 150cm Searchlight||+4||-1|
|[Edit]Yamato Equipment Bonuses|
|Type 1 Armor Piercing Shell Kai||+1|
|Type 96 150cm Searchlight||+4||-1|
|Introduction||大和型戦艦、一番艦、大和。推して参ります！||First of the Yamato-class battleships, Yamato. Heading forth!|
|Kai||大和型戦艦一番艦大和、対空火器を大幅に強化致しました。||First of the Yamato-class battleships, Yamato. Now with much upgraded anti-air weaponry.||After being damaged by American submarine, Yamato returned to Kure for extensive repairs. Two secondary guns were removed and replaced with anti-aircraft flak guns and Radar.|
|First of the Yamato-class battleships, Yamato.|
As the trump card for the Decisive Battle, I was made in utmost secrecy at the Kure Naval Yard.
With the most up-to-date and sophisticated technology concentrated in my body, along with the 2nd ship, Musashi, I will do my best as the centre of the combined fleet!
|Decisive Naval Battle, or Kantai Kessen, was the IJN's strategic doctrine during WWII, in which after a series of operations had weakened the US fleet, battleships would finish the last, and presumably, the strongest part of the fleet.|
|Secretary 1||提督、なんでしょう？||Admiral, what is it?|
|Kai||提督～？ あの～、いえ、いいですけど…||Admiral~? Erm~ no, its okay, but...|
|Secretary 2||ホテルですって？ち、違います！||You called me a hotel? N-no, I'm not!||Due to her highly luxurious living facility and the fact that she spent most of her service life in the harbor, she was nicknamed "Yamato Hotel".|
|Kai||んもぉ～、ホテルなんて言わせませんよ！||Geez... stop calling me "hotel" already!||Refer to Secretary 3 Kai note|
|Secretary 3||あのー？ そんなに気になります？ やっぱり副砲がちょっと多いの？||Erm... are you that interested? Well, is it because I have a lot of secondary guns?||2 triple 155 mm turrets were removed later to make space for more anti-aircraft armaments.|
|Kai||提督？ あの、まあ…居住性は他の娘とは段違いではあるのだけれど…いいの？||Admiral? Um... well, my living conditions are noticeably different than the other girls'. ...Is that okay?||Air conditioned quarters, bathhouse, kitchen with refrigeration facility. full course meal for officers with live band playing in the background. Most of these considered highly luxurious for combat vessels of its time.|
|Idle||ん…あ…提督ごめんなさい。主砲ちょっと邪魔ですか？||Mm... ah... I'm sorry, admiral. Are my main guns in your way?||Yamato's main cannons are the largest naval guns in the world.|
|Secretary Married||提督、少しお疲れではないですか？||Admiral, are you not a bit tired?|
|Kai||提督、少しお疲れではないですか？大和が特製紅茶、お入れしましょうか。気持ちが休まりますよ。ちょっと、待っていて下さいね。||Admiral, are you feeling a bit tired? Shall I make some special tea for you? It will help you feel relaxed. Ufu♪ Please wait a little while.|
|Wedding||提督、いつもありがとうございます。連合艦隊の旗艦を務めるよりも、敵戦艦と撃ちあうよりも、今、こうしている時が私は一番好き。大和は…ずっと提督の、あなたの側で、頑張ります。||Admiral, as always, thank you so much. Even more than serving as flagship of the Combined Fleet... and more than fighting enemy battleships... it's now... this moment... that I love the most. I will... always, Admiral... at my darling's side, I shall do my best.|
|Looking At Scores||大本営からの通信ですか？||A communiqué from the Imperial Headquarters?|
|Kai||我が艦隊の戦績ですか？楽しみです。||Our fleet's military records? Looking forward to it.|
|Joining A Fleet||戦艦大和、連合艦隊、出撃です！||Battleship Yamato, combined fleet, launching!|
|Kai||旗艦大和、出撃します！||Flagship Yamato, launching!|
|Equipment 1||改装ですね？ありがたいです！||A remodel, then? Thank you so much!|
|Kai||対空、対艦。どちら重視かなぁ？||Anti-air, Anti-ship. Which one should I be focused on...?||Over the years Yamato replaced few of its secondary guns in exchange for better anti-air capability, to counter the increasing threat of aerial attacks.|
|Equipment 2||あ、ありがとうございます！||T-thank you so much!|
|Kai||大和、嬉しい。提督、感謝です♪||Yamato is pleased. Thank you, admiral!|
|Equipment 3||行くわ！||Off I go!|
|⇧ shared with expedition selection, resource collection, instant repair and development|
|Supply||ありがたく頂きます。||I am grateful for your assistance.||She often speaks in very polite/honorific form.|
|Docking Minor||ちょっと、お風呂に行ってきます。||I'm going to the bath for a bit.|
|Kai||短めのお風呂、いただきます。||I shall take a short bath.|
|Docking Major||イッタッタ～ ごめんなさい、私がここまでやられるなんて～||Ow-w-w. I'm sorry, I didn't expect they'd get me that badly~||Literally "have been had to that extent", implying the damage she received were beyond her expectations.|
|Kai||あ、甘く見た訳じゃないんだけど、ごめんなさい。||I...I didn't underestimate (the enemy), though I'm sorry.|
|Docking Complete||損傷艦の修復が完了致しました。||Repairs on the damaged ship are completed.|
|Kai||修理完了の艦娘が在るみたいです。||Repairing of the ship daughter seems to be completed.|
|Construction||新造艦の建造が完了したようです。||The construction of the new ship seems to be complete.|
|Kai||新しい艦娘（かんむす）が戦列に加わりました。||New ship girls has been added to our lineup.|
|Returning From Sortie||お疲れ様です。艦隊、帰投しました。||Thank you for your hard work. The fleet has returned.|
|Kai||艦隊が無事帰投しました。良かったぁ～！||Our fleet has returned safely. That's great~!|
|Starting A Sortie||戦艦大和、推して参ります。||Battleship Yamato, heading forth!|
|Battle Start||さぁ、やるわ！砲雷撃戦、用意！||Yeah, let's go! Naval battle, ready!|
|Kai||大和、砲雷撃戦、はじめます！||Yamato, commence firing!|
|Attack||第一・第二主砲、斉射、始め！||First and second cannons, volley fire, start!|
|Kai||敵艦捕捉、全主砲薙ぎ払え！||Enemy ship acquired, fire broadside!|
|⇧ shared with day/night special attacks, support expedition team arrival|
|Night Battle||戦艦大和、夜戦を敢行します！||Battleship Yamato, starting night battle!|
|Kai||戦艦大和、突撃します！||Battleship Yamato, charging in!|
|Night Attack||夾叉(きょうさ)か･･･うん、次は直撃させます。||Bracket fire, huh... Yes, the next shot will be a direct hit.||夾叉 (Kyousa), or bracket, means a succession of two salvos, one over and one short, or one right and one left, with no straddles. When this happens, minor adjustments are needed.
(while straddle means both short and over, or both right and left shots occur in the SAME salvo)
|Kai||そうか･･･それなら･･･やるしかないわね！||Is that so... well then, I have to do this!|
|MVP||大和が一番ですか。少し晴れがましいですね。次の海戦もお任せ下さいね。||I'm number one? I'm a bit proud of myself. Leave the next sortie to me!|
|Minor Damage 1||そ、それで直撃のつもりなの！？||D-did you think you landed a direct hit?|
|Minor Damage 2||傾斜復元しないと…。注水を急いで！||I'm starting to list... ballast pumps, hurry!|
|Major Damage||くっ、こんな所で、大和は、沈みません！||Hmph, Yamato, will not, sink at such place!||She was listing two or three times during Operation Ten-Go|
|Sunk||また…逝くのね…総員…最上甲板…武蔵…信濃…あとは頼みます…||Again... I pass away... all hands... top deck... Musashi... Shinano... I leave the rest to you...||Yamato was ultimately destroyed by a magazine explosion, unleashing a mushroom cloud more than 3.7 miles high that could be seen almost a hundred miles away on Kyushu. Note that historically both Musashi and Shinano were sunk earlier than Yamato.|
Hourly Notifications (Kai)Edit
|00:00||マルマルマルマル。深夜ですね。||0000. It's night-time.|
|01:00||マルヒトマルマル。提督、そろそろお休みにならないと。||0100. Admiral, shouldn't you be going to bed soon?|
|02:00||提督？まだ寝なくて大丈夫ですか？現在時刻マルフタマルマルです。||Admiral? Not going to bed, are you okay? It is now 0200.|
|03:00||マルサンマルマル。そろそろ流石にお疲れじゃないですか？||0300. At this time, certainly shouldn't you be tired?|
|04:00||現在時刻マルヨンマルマルです。提督、そろそろ朝になっちゃいます。||It is now 0400. Admiral, it will soon be morning.|
|05:00||提督、マルゴーマルマルです。空が白み始めてきちゃいましたね。||Admiral, 0500. The sky is becoming white now.|
|06:00||朝です。マルロクマルマル。提督、朝は本当に御早いですね。||It's Morning. 0600. Admiral, the morning really came quickly, didn't it?|
|07:00||マルナナマルマル、朝食の時間。大和ホテル自慢のコンソメ御飲みになります？||0700, Breakfast time. How about some of Hotel Yamato's famous consomme?||The Yamato was used as a meeting place for high-level officers, so she had a very good mess; so good that Yamamoto gained weight from living on the Yamato.|
|08:00||現在時刻マルハチマルマルです。連合艦隊旗艦としてそろそろ動きますね。||It is now 0800. The combined fleet will be moving soon.||IJN fleet operations started at 0800.|
|09:00||マルキュウマルマルです。提督、今日の作戦行動はどうされますか？||0900. Admiral, how is today's battle mobilization going?|
|10:00||提督、他の艦隊の運用はどうされます？時刻は今、ヒトマルマルマルです。||Admiral, how are the other fleets? It is currently 1000.|
|11:00||ヒトヒトマルマル。そろそろ昼食の準備をしないと…。何がいいですか？||1100. I have to start preparing for lunch soon... What would be good?|
|12:00||ヒトフタマルマル ランチタイムに大和ホテル自慢の…あぁ…ホテルじゃないです||1200. Hotel Yamato's famous lunch time's... wait, I'm not a hotel.|
|13:00||ヒトサンマルマル、です。食後は少し眠くなりますね。||It's 1300. You get a bit tired after eating, yes?|
|14:00||ヒトヨンマルマルです。ふぁ～…はっ！あ、寝てませんよ！？||1400. Zzz... ah! I-I'm not asleep!|
|15:00||ヒトゴーマルマル。提督、ラムネでも飲まれますか？||1500. Admiral, will you have a Ramune?|
|16:00||ヒトロクマルマル。そろそろ夕暮れ時ですね。||1600. It's just becoming dusk.|
|17:00||ヒトナナマルマル、提督、そろそろ日が暮れて来ました。||1700, Admiral, it's almost time for the sunset.|
|18:00||現在時刻ヒトハチマルマルです。今日は半舷上陸にしちゃいます？||It is now 1800. Shall we let half the ship go ashore today?||The ship's crew was divided into port and starboard, with alternating shore leave while docked.|
|19:00||ヒトキュウマルマル。艦隊執務はここまでにして、お夕食にしましょう。||1900. The fleet work has ended, let's have dinner.||Non-combat ops in the IJN ended, as a rule, at 1800.|
|20:00||フタマルマルマルです。ディナーはフルコースですよー、なんたって大和ホテルの…||2000. Dinner is a full course~, after all, Hotel Yamato's...|
|21:00||フタヒトマルマル。提督、大和の居住性、いかがでしょうか？||2100. Admiral, why not partake of Yamato's livability?||Even ratings on the Yamato got a personal locker on board; a rarity in the IJN.|
|22:00||現在時刻、フタフタマルマルです。そろそろお風呂タイムかな？||It is now 2200. Time for a bath, yes?|
|23:00||時刻はフタサンマルマルです。提督、本日も一日、本当にお疲れ様でした。||It is 2300. Admiral, today, as always, thank you for your hard work.|
| Hinamatsuri 2016||提督、ひな祭りですか？あら、かわいい、いいですね。武蔵？何を照れてるの？いいじゃない、ね？||Admiral, is it Hinamatsuri? Oh my, how cute, it's good, isn't? Musashi? Why are you embarrassed? It's good, right?||Probably talking about their Hina dolls, while Musashi is embarrassed.|
| White Day 2016||提督！いいんですか、大和もいただいて？すみません。ありがとうございます。いただきますね。来年は頑張りますから！||Admiral! Is is alright, for Yamato to take these? I'm sorry. Thank you very much. I humbly accept. I'll do my best next year!|
| Spring 2016||もうすぐ春…か。うふふっ。桜を見ると不思議な気持ちになるわ、不思議。え？これは、涙？なんで…？||Spring is just around the corner, huh... Ufufu. Watching the cherry blossoms really gives me a mysterious feeling. Eh? These are... tears? Why...?||It seems she remembers Operation Ten-Go.|
She went to Okinawa in Apr 6, 1945.
On the other side, it could be a hay fever.
| Third Anniversary 2016||提督、艦隊は三周年を迎えました。おめでとうございます。大和も、大和も嬉しいです！ラムネで、乾杯しましょう！||Admiral, our fleet has reached its third year. Congratulations. I, Yamato... I am so happy for this occassion! Let's make a toast with some Ramune.|
| Rainy Season 2016||Iowaさん？ あ、かわいいですね、そのてるてる坊主。ねぇ、よかったら一緒に作りましょう。大和のはね、ここをこうして…。||Iowa-san? Ah, isn't that teru-teru bouzu cute? Say, would you like to make one together? For the ones I make, it goes like...|
| Mid-Summer 2016||提督、そんなに見ないでください！赤と白で少し派手だったかしら…そっ、そうですか？なら、よかったです。提督、ご一緒に。||Admiral, don't stare that much! Red and white is a little flashy isn't it... I-is that so? Then, that's good. Admiral, together then.|
|For new seasonal lines that may be missing here, check Seasonal|
- Depicted as having long brown hair in a ponytail with multiple cherry blossoms in her hair, and often carrying an oriental umbrella with a shaft based on the battleship's distinctive mast.
- Because her historical counterpart had a career mostly based around impressing people, Yamato is often depicted as shy and soft-spoken. She also has a tendency to speak in third person, and in a very polite/honorific manner.
- She's depicted as lacking combat experience due to the real Yamato not having been used extensively in many naval operations during World War II.
- Dislikes being called a Hotel, a reputation she's built due to her lack of use as an actual warship and the commodities the real-life ship contained. However, she's not above calling herself Hotel Yamato.
- Her name literally translates to "Great Harmony". Yamato is also the name of ancient Japan, and hence Yamato was seen as a symbol and pride of Japan.
- Was cynically referred to as "Hotel Yamato" due to having facilities unheard of in a warship (e.g. luxurious living quarters; civilians for cooking, hairdressing, and sewing; and even air conditioning) and due to not seeing action until very late into the war.
- Yamato's remodel art features a 'Hirihoukenten (非理法権天)' kneesock (originally a flag). It reflects one of the old philosophies in feudal Japan where foolishness (非) is not above sensibility (理), sensibility is not above law (法), law is not above authority (権), and authority is not above divinity (天). As emperors were treated as divine figures in imperial Japan, it means to imply "no men can oppose the (divine) emperor". As a slogan adopted by the Imperial Japanese navy, this flag was hung on Yamato on her final voyage towards Okinawa.
- She wears an armband that resembles the maritime signal flag for the letter Z; the Z flag played a major role in Japanese naval history.
- The flag signifies the following: "The fate of Imperial Japan hangs on this one battle; all hands will exert themselves and do their best."
- Sunk on 7 April 1945 north of Okinawa (at 30° 22′ 0″ N, 128° 4′ 0″ E) in the famed Operation Ten-Go, along with Yahagi, Isokaze, Kasumi, Hamakaze and Asashimo, under the command of Vice-Admiral Seiichi Ito. Aircraft from Intrepid were among those that took part in the attack, and some of her TBM Avengers were said to have scored unconfirmed torpedo hits.
- Her damaged art is based on the historical damage dealt to her during Operation Ten-Go; as the Americans learned from sinking Musashi that it's better to focus torpedo attacks on a single side of the target ship, in order to cause her to capsize. In Yamato's case, that would be on the port (left) side of her.
- Wreck discovered under 1,120 ft of water in the East China Sea, 180 miles Southwest of Kyushu and North of Okinawa, on August 1st, 1985.
- Her first mission was in the Battle of Midway as the flagship of the Japanese Combined Fleet, however, she didn't fire a single shot in that battle, the first time she fired her guns in anger was in 1944, in the Battle off Samar.
☑ Blur NSFW CG ☒ Blur NSFW CG
☑ Blur other damaged CG ☒ Blur other damaged CG
|Yamato Class Battleships|
|Yamato · Musashi|