|Seiyuu||Uchida Shuu ( )||Availability||Construction (LSC)|
Queen Elizabeth Class Battleship
|Evasion||26 ()||AA||38 (88)|
|38.1cm Mk.I Twin Gun Mount||3|
|- Unequipped -||3|
|- Unequipped -||3|
|- Unequipped -||3|
Queen Elizabeth Class Battleship
|Evasion||( )||AA||48 (98)|
|38.1cm Mk.I Twin Gun Mount||3|
|QF 2-pounder Octuple Pom-pom Gun Mount||3|
|- Unequipped -||3|
|- Unequipped -||3|
|[Edit]Warspite Equipment Bonuses|
|16inch Mk.I Triple Gun Mount||+2||+1||-2|
|16inch Mk.I Triple Gun Mount + AFCT Kai||+2||+1||-2|
|16inch Mk.I Triple Gun Mount Kai + FCR Type 284||+2||+1||-2|
|5inch Single High-angle Gun Mount Battery||+1||+1||+1|
|Swordfish Mk.II Kai (Reconnaissance Seaplane Model)||(1st Equipped)||+6||+3||+3||+3|
|Fairey Seafox Kai||+3||+1||+3||+2|
|SK + SG Radar||+1||+1||+1||+2|
|20-tube 7inch UP Rocket Launchers||+2||+1||+1|
Quotes[edit | edit source]
|Introduction||我が名はQueen Elizabeth-class、Battleship Warspite。 Admiral、よろしく頼むわね！||My name is Battleship Warspite, of the Queen Elizabeth-class. Admiral, thanks for having me.|
|Library||Queen Elizabeth-class battleship 二番艦、Warspiteです。 Admiral、よろしくお願いしますね。生粋の英国生まれ、英国育ちの戦艦です。本国艦隊、地中海、そして、インド洋にも展開しました。私の名前、Admiral. 是非その胸に刻んでください。||I am the second Queen Elizabeth-class battleship, Warspite. Admiral, I will be in your care. I am a purely British-born and British-bred battleship. I have been part of the Home Fleet, the Mediterranean Fleet, and even saw service in the Indian Ocean. Admiral, I sincerely hope you will remember my name by heart.|
|Secretary 1||Battleship Warspite, I'm going.|
|Secretary 2||Admiral、どうしました？||Admiral, what is it?|
|Secretary 3||What's this, admiral? あなた、この手は一体…どういう意味かしら？説明してくださる？||What's this, admiral? Just what are you... planning to do with that hand of yours? Would you care to explain?|
|Idle||Admiral, are you free now? あっ、忙しそう……仕方ないわ。そうだ、金剛たちのroomにでも行ってましょうか。||Admiral, are you free now? ...Okay, he seems busy, never mind. Well, maybe I could drop by the Kongou girls' place.|
|Secretary Married||My admiral, どうしたの？元気ないわね。う～ん...そうだ！ 私が本場の紅茶とマフィンをご用意しましょう。 ティータイムで、きっと元気が出るわ。||My admiral, what is wrong? You seem drained. Hmm... Ah! I shall prepare some authentic British black tea and muffin. A tea time should revitalize you.|
|Wedding||My admiral, why are you calling？えっ…このringを…この私に？そう…お受けします、My admiral!この身果てるまで共に参りましょう！||My admiral, why are you calling? Hmm... So this ring... is for me? Sure, I shall be happy to oblige, my Admiral. We shall be as one and see it to the very end!|
|Looking At Scores||Fleet information？了解！待ってて。||Fleet information? Understood! Wait just a moment.|
|Joining A Fleet||Sally go！主力艦隊、抜錨する！||Sally go! Main fleet, launching!|
|Equipment 1||いい兵装ね。Thank you very much indeed.||This is a good equipment. Thank you very much indeed.|
|Equipment 2||Japanese weapon? 悪くないわね。私は好きよ！||A Japanese weapon? It isn't bad. I like it.|
|Equipment 3||That would be great.|
|⇧ shared with expedition selection, resource collection, instant repair and development|
|Supply||I am much obliged for your kindness.|
|Docking Minor||少しだけdockに入るわ。 See you later!||I'll be in the dock for a bit. See you later!|
|Docking Major||Admiral、私、修理のために後方に下がるわね。 Keep in touch.||Admiral, I will be falling back for repairs. Keep in touch.|
|Construction||New shipが完成したわ。 It was good, wasn't it?||A new ship is completed. It was good, wasn't it?|
|Returning From Sortie||A fleet has returned.|
|Starting A Sortie||Battleship Warspite、出撃する！艦隊、follow me!||Battleship Warspite, sortieing! Fleet, follow me!|
|Battle Start||Enemy ship is in sight! Open fire!|
|⇧ shared with day/night special attacks, support expedition team arrival|
|Night Battle||この私から逃げるつもり？面白い。艦隊、増速！追撃します！||You are thinking about running from me? How amusing. Fleet, raise speed! We are giving chase!||During the Battle of Cape Matapan, when the Italian fleet fled, ADM Cunningham decided to chase them into the night, which led to the sinking of Pola, Zara and Fiume.|
|Night Attack||Fire! Fire! Fire!!|
|MVP||この私がNumber One? 違うわ。全ては皆さんの健闘がなしえたこと…そうよね、Admiral?||So I was Number One? That is not so. It was all thanks to everyone's valiant effort. Isn't it so, Admiral?|
|Minor Damage 1||いやぁ！やるじゃない……！||Oh my. Aren't you clever...|
|Minor Damage 2||Oh my God -|
|Major Damage||No! ...私を怒らせたわね！||No! ...Now you've done it (lit. 'made me mad')!|
|Sunk||この私が沈むというの…？そう…これが…戦場で…倒れるという事なのね…||Am I sinking...? So... this is what it's like... fallen in a battle.|
Hourly Notifications (Kai)[edit | edit source]
|00:00||Admiral. 日付が変わったわ。今日はこの私が、艦隊のflagshipを務めるわね。||Admiral, the date has changed. I shall be serving as the flagship of the fleet for today.|
|01:00||It's one o'clock. こんな感じでいいかしら。||It's one o'clock. I guess this should do.|
|02:00||It's two o'clock now. 夜は静かね。好きよ、この時間。||It's two o'clock now. The night is quiet. I like this hour of night.|
|03:00||It's three o'clock now. 紅茶、入れ直しましょうか。飲みますよね？||It's three o'clock now. Shall I remake some black tea? You will drink it, no?|
|04:00||It's four o'clock now. 夜が明けますね。 Admiral、少し、お疲れですか？||It's four o'clock now. The day is breaking. Admiral, are you a bit tired?|
|05:00||Good morning, admiral! It's five o'clock now.||Good morning, admiral! It's five o'clock now.|
|06:00||It's six o'clock now. 朝の一杯は紅茶でいい？ それとも、濃いCoffeeにしましょうか。||It's six o'clock now. Would a cup of black tea be fine for the morning? Or would you rather enjoy some strong coffee?|
|07:00||It's seven o'clock now. Admiral, breakfast is ready!||It's seven o'clock now. Admiral, breakfast is ready!|
|08:00||It's eight o'clock now. さあ、本日の艦隊運用を始めましょう。まずは戦艦部隊を集結させますね。||It's eight o'clock now. Well, let us begin today's fleet operation. I shall gather our battleships first.|
|09:00||It's nine o'clock now. 彼女たちが、ナガト、ムツ、ですね。...Hello! お会いできて光栄です。||It's nine o'clock now. They are Nagato and Mutsu, right? Hello! It is an honor to meet you.|
|10:00||It's ten o'clock now. Fusou-class? Great. 美しく、そしてユニークな上部構造物。和のアートを感じます。ええ、解りますとも！||It's ten o'clock now. Fusou-class? Great. The beautiful and unique superstructure... I can feel Japan's art. Of course, I understand!|
|11:00||It's eleven. コウクウ...Battleship? Super multi plane ズイウン？...難しいわね、Japanの戦艦は。奥が深いわ。||It's eleven. Aerial... battleship? Super multiplane Zuiun? ...Japanese battleships are... quite complex. There is much to learn.|
|12:00||It is noon. あれが噂のYamato-class...確かに凄いわ。 So great.||It is noon. I find that is the renowned Yamato-class? They indeed are grand. So great.|
|13:00||It's one o'clock. お昼にしましょう。私、ham sandwichesを作ってきたわ。紅茶と一緒に召し上がれ！ Please!||It's one o'clock. Let us have some lunch. I made some ham sandwiches. Take some along with black tea! Please!|
|14:00||It's two o'clo...あら！ Kongou sisters. 元気そうね。何よりだわ。||It's two o'clock.... My! The Kongou sisters. You seem to be doing well. It's a relief.|
|15:00||It's three o'clock now. Kongou、どうしたの？ ...Are you angry? why?||It's three o'clock now. Kongou, what's wrong? Are you angry? Why?|
|16:00||It's four o'clock now. Admiral、あの子たちって...あきれた。あの国の艦（ふね）もいるのね。...え？...いい子たちなの？本当に？...そう、か。私も挨拶してみよう。Hello!||It's four o'clock now. Admiral, this is inconceivable. The ships from that country are here as well. ...Hm? ...They are on our side? Is that so? ...Really, now? I guess I should greet them. Hello!||Most likely the German ships.|
|17:00||It's five o'clock now. 綺麗ね...夕日。素敵だわ。私、この艦隊にきて、この風景が一番気に入ったわ。 So lovely.||It's five o'clock now. Quite beautiful... The sunset is mesmerizing. Since joining this fleet, I found this view most fond. So lovely.|
|18:00||It's six o'clock now. 陽が落ちたわね。艦隊を帰投させましょう。||It's six o'clock now. The sun has set. Let us return the fleet.|
|19:00||It's seven o'clock now. Dinnerは、Admiralが作ってくれるって...大丈夫ですか？私、手伝いましょうか？||It's seven o'clock now. Dinner will be prepared by you, Admiral...? Are you sure you are fine? Should I help?|
|20:00||It's eight o'clock now. 美味しい！美味しいわ、Admiralの作った料理。Japanの艦隊、JapanのAdmiralは凄いのね...！ ふぅ...||It's eight o'clock now. Delicious! Admiral, your dishes are most delicious! Japan's fleet and admirals are quite something!|
|21:00||It's nine o'clock now. あ、アレは確か、イタリアの重巡達。Hello! ...って、あれ？ なんで逃げるの！？ ま、待って！||It's nine o'clock now. If I'm not mistaken, those are the Italian heavy cruisers... Hello! Eh, why are you running away?! Wait!||Referring to Zara and Pola, whom Warspite attacked during the Battle of Cape Matapan.|
|22:00||It's ten o'clock now. あら、Italiaさん。Romaさん。え？ フレッ...ツ...あ、あれは駄目よ。あれは、駄目だわ。私、あれだけは苦手...。||It's ten o'clock now. My, Miss Italia and Miss Roma. Hm? Fre...tz... Ah, that is not good. That is... no good at all. That is one thing that I have trouble with...||They are talking about the Fritz X guided bomb. Roma was sunk by the German weapon, while both Italia and Warspite were heavily damaged by it. Unlike in previous instances, Warspite's damage was never fully repaired after the attack, hence the admission.|
|23:00||It's eleven o'clock now. Admiral、今日は一日、お疲れ様でした。Sweet dreams.||It's eleven o'clock now. Admiral, you made quite an effort today. Sweet dreams.|
Seasonal Quotes[edit | edit source]
||Admiral！Happy Christmas!今日は飲みましょう、乾杯！いいわね、こんな日も。||Admiral, Happy Christmas! Let's have a drink on this occasion. Cheers! Such a jolly day.|
|Early Summer 2017
||水着か？なるほど。一考の価値はありそうね。ん…どうしようか？||A swimsuit? I see. I shall take it into consideration. Hmmm... What should I do?|
|Late Fall 2017
|New Year 2017
||Best wishes for a happy new year, Admiral.||Best wishes for a happy new year, Admiral.|
|Rainy Season 2017
||Rainy Day… hmmm… Admiral… hmmm… なんでもないわ。雨の日は古傷が痛むの。不思議ね？||Rainy Days… hmm… Admiral… hmm… no it’s nothing in particular. It’s just on rainy days I tend to feel down. Strange, isn’t it?|
||秋刀魚？Fishの？戦艦が漁業のsupportをするなんて、日本の艦隊はいいところ、あるわね！私も手伝うわ！||Saury? The fish? Battleships supporting with fishing, Japan's fleet has some good things! I'll help as well!|
||セツブーン？あの子たち確かそんな風に…Ah! 金剛、セツブーン！Eh? なんで笑うの？どうして？Why?||Setsubun? Come to think of it those kids did mention something like that....Ah Kongou, what's Setsubun? Eh? Why are you laughing? Why? Why?|
Character[edit | edit source]
Appearance[edit | edit source]
- Warspite holds in her left hand one of the Crown Jewels of the United Kingdom (The Sovereign's Orb to be precise).
- She has long blonde hair styled in a french braid and blue eyes conforming to the Japanese stereotype of Western foreigners, along with a broader nose and face than the Japanese shipgirls in the game. Her outfit consists of a long sleeved corseted white off-shoulder dress with a red ribbon placed at the front; said ribbon having a red rose in the middle. On her head she wears a black hairband with a mini crown on the side. Her legwear is comprised of white thighhighs held up by garter straps and high heeled black mary janes. Despite being a Queen Elizabeth-class, her jewelry is moderate and only consists of a couple silver necklaces. The machinery behind her is in the shape of a throne on which she sits on. She carries a globus cruciger in her left hand and a scepter-like mast in her right hand.
Personality[edit | edit source]
- Warspite behaves in (the Japanese impression of) the manner of a sedate, high-class British lady. Due to the connection of the English language, several of her lines reference Iowa and Kongou, and she is often depicted in fanart alongside one or both of the two. Due to her war history, she has a connection to several other ships, as well.
- She also has hourly lines regarding a grudge against the German ships, talking about her shared history with Italian ships Littorio and Roma at the hands of the Luftwaffe, while Zara and Pola fear her.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
In-game[edit | edit source]
- She is the first British ship introduced in game.
- Unlike foreign ships that only uses short non-Japanese phrases, which includes Kongou, Warspite fully practices intersentential Code Switching in speech, where full sentences of English are spoken by her, interspersed with equally complete Japanese speech. This practice, especially by a Seiyuu, is regarded as rare, especially with the fluency taken into account. This trait, albeit with more improvements, has been passed on to Uchida's second voice acting role for Ark Royal.
Historical[edit | edit source]
- Launched on 26 November 1913, HMS Warspite, affectionately known as "The Grand Old Lady", is the most highly decorated warship in Royal Navy history, with a long and distinguished career.
- She first saw action during the First World War at Jutland, during which she recieved a hit which knocked out her rudder, swinging her out of line and circling towards the German fleet twice, despite this and taking over 150 hits she was able to restore control and make for home.
- Between the wars she was given a major modernisation, improving her armour, engines, fire directors and AA loadout. This completely changed her superstructure and look.
- Her first actions of WW2 were in the Norwegian campaign, most notably the Second Battle of Narvik where she and her accompanying destroyers caused the destruction of eight German destroyers, as well as sinking a submarine with her Swordfish floatplane.
After this she was sent to the Mediterranean where she saw heavy action escorting convoys and shore bombardments, as well as the Battle of Calabria and most famously the Battle of Cape Matapan, In which after a brief daylight action and carrier strike Warspite an two of her sisters engaged in a night battle which resulted in the sinking of Pola, Zara, their sister Fiume and two destroyers. The following month she took part in the defence of Crete, where she was badly damaged by a bomb and sailed to America for repairs.
Returning from repairs and training she was sent straight to the Indian Ocean to become flagship of the British Eastern Fleet as Japan moved further West. During the Indian Ocean Raid she detected several aircraft, but no surface action developed and the two British carriers were unable to locate the Japanese fleet. After some smaller operations and training from Ceylon she covered operations in Madagascar.
She returned to the Mediterranean to cover the landings on Sicily, and then escorted the surrendered Italian fleet. She was then sent to Salerno, where she would be hit and badly damaged by a Fritz X bomb (the same type that sunk Roma) requiring further time in repairs. It was during this period that Admiral Cunningham signaled "Operation well carried out. There is no question when the old lady lifts her skirts she can run."
Her final actions of the war were to be bombardment of the French coast, being the first ship to open fire on D-Day, she fired so many rounds her guns wore out. She hit a mine on the return journey, and was only partially repaired before being sent back out for more bombardments. Her final action was the first day of November 1944. She was by this point in very poor condition and was placed in reserve, there was an effort to retain her as a museum but to no avail
- She was taken to be scrapped in 1947, but was separated en route from her tugboats when a storm hit, making her run aground near Prussia Cove. She was scrapped three years later after an extensive salvage operation, and a memorial to her now stands near the place where she was grounded.
- Warspite holds the record for having the furthest confirmed gunnery hit by a battleship against another battleship in motion, when she landed hits against the Italian battleship Giulio Cesare from 24 km out during the Battle of Calabria. This is also the joint record for a hit in general, being shared with Scharnhorst.
|Queen Elizabeth Class Battleship|
|Queen Elizabeth · Barham · Valiant · Malaya|
References[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.