Fleet Roster (Level 99(+))
|Married and level 175!|
A Short Introduction
Since my second month playing the game, I've been consistently in the top 500 at least, used to be in the top 100 and once in top 20. Also probably among the "firsts" to reach HQ level 120 on my server. Nowadays, I just take it easy and go for top 500 to remain eligible for some rewards.
I have participated in all events since Spring 2014 and cleared all of the event maps, on hard difficulty if available, with the exception of Spring 2014 E-5. I got "worried" after reading stories about how hard that map was supposed to be and decided not to bother with it. (No Sakawa T_T) Now, I'm certain I could've cleared that map back then too. Morale of the story: NEVER GIVE UP! Certainly not without having given it a shot yourself! Believe!
I'm always looking forward to the next event. It is one of the (now) few things that keep me playing KanColle. However, recent events have been too easy for teitokus like me. Hopefully the devs will do a "difficult" one again.
You will find just some basic points and common sense (with rants included) below.
- Stay calm when dealing with "hard" maps and just keep trying.
- Find something else to do to distract yourself a bit. Don't accidentally sink any of your ships though!
- I hate people mentioning "sanity". They are either overreacting or plain under-prepared.
- Get your ships adequately leveled.
- This helps keeping resource consumptions down, as your ships are less likely to get hit and more likely to damage/kill enemies.
- Keep a wide array of ships and ship types adequately leveled.
- If you plan on clearing event maps on medium or hard difficulty, you'll most likely have to deal with the ship-lock game mechanic. Having several healthily leveled ships over the various ship types is a must.
- Be careful not to spread your ship exp over too many ships while your HQ level is still relatively low, as you might find your girls to be under-leveled in some situations. When you get a higher HQ level, you might find yourself in a higher HQ level bracket, thus encountering stronger variants of enemies in certain maps.
- I consider ships at the same level as your HQ level, with a margin of around 10 levels, to be adequately leveled. This is of course irrelevant if you've reached a high HQ level (>100).
- Stockpiling 30-40k resources for small-scale events and around 50k resources for medium-scale events should be sufficient for any difficulty, given that you have an adequate fleet.
- Events last for a couple of weeks, you can farm more resources during this period too.
- I also hate people posting the current state of their resources on the web. There is no point doing this except for brag on the web. Oh well, who am I to stop these people.
- Sparkling for every single sortie is not always wise and efficient.
- This is naturally especially the case for heavier fleets. Sometimes it is just more efficient not to sparkle and take a couple of more attempts.
I like to rant and criticize a lot. Popular opinions are not always the "good" ones, neither are mine.
- KanColle takes no skill. I've seen people claim otherwise. They are wrong.
- You can't get "pro" at this game, other than just be knowledgeable about the game mechanics.
- Lastly, salt is mainly to be used on food, not to be spread around on the net.
Archived Fleet Compositions & Equipment Setups (with Commentary)