Type 4 Passive Sonar
|Coastal Defense Ship||Destroyer|
|Light Cruiser||Torpedo Cruiser|
|Heavy Cruiser||Training Cruiser|
|Aviation Cruiser||Fast Battleship|
|Standard Aircraft Carrier|
|Submarine||Aircraft Carrying Submarine|
|Repair Ship||Amphibious Assault Ship|
A new model passive sonar that can also be equipped on smaller ships. Compared to the Type 93 Passive Sonar, the submarine detection ability is on another level. There weren't many, but the late model destroyers and such constructed in the last stages of the great war equipped this as their ASW equipment.
- August 2015 Ranking Reward for all tiers.
- April 2016 Ranking Reward for all tiers.
- December 2016 Ranking Reward for all tiers.
- Quest B74 reward.
- Boosts ASW damage by 15% when used together with a depth charge. (both must be on the same ship)
- In the 28th September 2017 update, the stats of this equipment were modified to include +1 .
|Improvement Cost: 10 50 60||★||S||M||T||W||T||F||S||Helper Ship|
|Consumes: 2x Type 93 Passive Sonar||0||5/7||3/5||A|| |
Isuzu Kai Ni
|Consumes: 1x Type 4 Passive Sonar||6||6/10||4/6|
Historically, this sonar were equipped by Tachibana-Class Destroyers, No.1-Class Transports (modified from Matsu-Class) Late Model, and the cruiser later light carrier Ibuki, according to Japanese Wikipedia.