Type 2 Seaplane Fighter Kai
|Coastal Defense Ship||Destroyer|
|Light Carrier||Standard Aircraft Carrier|
|Armored Carrier||Seaplane Tender|
|Submarine||Aircraft Carrying Submarine|
|Submarine Tender||Fleet Oiler|
|Repair Ship||Amphibious Assault Ship|
This is a seaplane fighter rush developed and put into service using the Type 0 Carrier-based Fighter as a base, meant as a stopgap until new model seaplane fighters can be put into service. It's not an aircraft that was designed with shipborne operations via catapult in mind, but its body and float strength were improved for this use.
- Can be upgraded from Type 0 Reconnaissance Seaplane using Akashi's Improvement Arsenal.
- Quest B88 offers this as a choice between two rewards, the other being the PBY-5A Catalina.
Characteristic of Seaplane FighterEdit
As a Seaplane Fighter, it:
- Will not enable Artillery Spotting by itself.
- Will provide additional 25 points fighter power at double chevron.
- Will not participate in Opening Air Stage bombing.
- Is immune to enemy Anti-Air fire.
- Can be equipped on Yamato Kai, Musashi Kai, Nagato Kai and Mutsu Kai in addition to ships that can equip Seaplane Bombers.
|Improvement Cost: 110 80 360||★||S||M||T||W||T||F||S||Helper Ship|
|Consumes: 2x Type 0 Fighter Model 21||0||3/4||5/6||M||✗||✗||✗||✗||M||M||Mizuho (Kai)|
|Consumes: 2x Type 0 Reconnaissance Seaplane||6||4/6||7/8|
|Consumes: 2x Zuiun|
Produces: 1x Kyoufuu Kai