|Seiyuu||Iguchi Yuka ( )||Availability||Construction (Normal, LSC)|
2014/04/23 (Kai Ni)
Tone Class Heavy Cruiser
|Armor||36 (59)||Torpedo||24 (59)|
|Evasion||36 ()||AA||20 (67)|
|01:30:00 (Normal, LSC)||3|
|20.3cm Twin Gun Mount||3|
|Type 0 Reconnaissance Seaplane||3|
|- Unequipped -||3|
|- Locked -||-|
Tone Class Heavy Cruiser
|Armor||46 (77)||Torpedo||24 (79)|
|Evasion||( )||AA||24 (79)|
|20.3cm Twin Gun Mount||4|
|61cm Quadruple (Oxygen) Torpedo Mount||4|
|Type 0 Reconnaissance Seaplane||4|
|- Unequipped -||4|
Tone Kai Ni
Tone Class Aviation Cruiser
|Armor||48 (79)||Torpedo||32 (82)|
|Evasion||( )||AA||32 (83)|
|Level 70 ()||4|
|20.3cm (No.3) Twin Gun Mount||2|
|Type 21 Air Radar||2|
|Zuiun (634 Air Group)||9|
|- Unequipped -||5|
|Introduction||吾輩が利根である！吾輩が艦隊に加わる以上、もう、索敵の心配はないぞ！||I am Tone! With my addition to the fleet, there will be no problems searching out the enemy!||Speaks in old-mannish tone. Tone has very high LOS; she discovered the US fleet at Midway.|
|The last completed heavy cruiser of the Japanese Navy, oldest sister of the Tone-class, Tone.|
At Pearl Harbor and Midway, as the eye for the fleet, I unceasingly watched the length and breadth of the ocean.
I ended out the war protecting the Kure Naval Yards as a floating fortress, fighting until my blades were broken, arrows were depleted.
|Secretary 1||うむ。参ろうか！||Good. I shall go!|
|Secretary 2||演習か？実戦か？||A drill? A battle?||Tone was used as a training ship at the end of the war.|
|Secretary 3||提督よ、お主なかなかヒマそうじゃの？戦闘は兵站や準備こそが大事なのじゃぞ？||Admiral, you appear to have copious free time? Battle preparations and logistics are important, are they not?|
|Kai Ni||提督よ。お主なかなか暇そうじゃの。そういう時はカタパルトの整備じゃ。念入りにな！||Admiral... you have quite a free time over there don't you. How about use it to adjust my catapult, carefully okay?|
|Idle||い、いや、我輩は別に、別に退屈なぞしておらんからなっ！||N-no! I'm not... It's not like i'm bored or anything!|
|Secretary Married||やったぞ！||I did it!|
|Kai Ni||提督よ、お主も頑張っておるな！||Admiral, you're working hard too!|
|Wedding||そうだ、我輩の索敵機こそが敵艦隊を発見したのだ!!…えっ？その話はいい？…って、では何？なんなのだ？||That's right, my scouts have found the enemy fleet!! ...Eh? Enough of that? ...Then what is it? What is this?|
|Looking At Scores||文が来ているぞ。確認せんのか？||A communique has arrived. Shall you be confirming it?|
|Kai Ni||どれどれ、どんな調子じゃ？ふ～む…||Let's see, now, what's the status like? Hmmm...|
|Joining A Fleet||いざ！出陣だな！||Come now! To the front!|
|Equipment 1||ほう、これはなかなかのものじゃな||Oh, this is rather good.|
|Equipment 2||礼を言おう…筑摩のやつより、また強くなってしまったな！||You have my thanks... Compared to that Chikuma, I became stronger again!|
|Equipment 3||やったぞ！||I did it!|
|⇧ shared with expedition selection, resource collection, instant repair and development|
|Supply||ほう、これはなかなかのものじゃな||Oh, this is rather good.|
|Kai Ni||うむっ！ありがたいぞ！||Yes! I greatly appreciate it!|
|Docking Minor||うむ。そうだ。こまめな修繕が勝利をもたらすのじゃ！||Yes. Indeed. Frequent refits bring about triumphs!|
|Kai Ni||そうじゃ！整備は大切じゃな！ね、寝不足なわけではないぞ！||That's right, maintenance is really important. I-it's not like I lack of sleep alright?|
|Docking Major||ぬぅ、吾輩もちと疲れたぞ……しばらく寝る！||Grr.... Even I get tired. For now... to sleep!|
|Docking Complete||修復完了した艦があるぞ。よかったな。||The ship is fully repaired. That's a relief.|
|Construction||艦の建造が終わったぞ||Ship construction has finished.|
|Kai Ni||新造艦が完成したようじゃぞ。||New ship has finally finished.|
|Returning From Sortie||作戦終了。艦隊が帰投したようじゃ。||Operation complete. The fleet has returned.|
|Kai Ni||艦隊が無事帰投したようじゃな。||The fleet has returned safely!|
|Starting A Sortie||利根、出撃するぞ！||Tone, sallying forth!|
|Kai Ni||航空巡洋艦、利根。出撃するぞ！||Aviation cruiser Tone, sallying forth!|
|Battle Start||その艦貰ったぁ！||That ship belongs to me!|
|Air Battle (Kai Ni)||まだまだ！筑摩のやつには負けんぞ||No, not yet..! I will never lose to Chikuma!|
|Attack||馬鹿な、カタパルトが不調だと？||No way, you say the catapult is in bad condition?||Tone launched her recon planes late at Midway. Her logs were destroyed after the battle, but one of several theories is that her catapult suffered mechanical defects.|
|Kai Ni||この時のために、カタパルトは整備したのじゃ！||The catapult has been serviced, just for this moment!|
|⇧ shared with day/night special attacks, support expedition team arrival|
|Night Battle||我が索敵機から逃げられるとでも思ったか！||Did you think you could escape from my scouts!?|
|Night Attack||まだまだ･･･！筑摩には負けん！||Not yet, not yet..! I won't lose to Chikuma!|
|Kai Ni||まだまだ！筑摩のやつには負けんぞ||No, not yet..! I will never lose to Chikuma!|
|MVP||吾輩がいる以上当然の勝利じゃ！筑摩のやつより"少し"お姉さんなのだからな！||As long as I'm here, it's victory as expected! Because I am "the" older sister, compared to that Chikuma!|
|Minor Damage 1||なっ、至近弾だと？||A-a near hit!?|
|Minor Damage 2||莫迦な、被弾か！？||How foolish! A hit!?|
|Major Damage||直撃だと！？この程度では吾輩は沈まん！||Direct hit!? ...I shall not sink with merely this!|
|Sunk||抜かった…！我輩が沈む、か…百万年の昼寝だな…||I have blundered...! I am sinking, no? The siesta of a million years...||Unfortuately, after sinking in the war, Tone was bombed again underwater|
| Rainy Season 2015||塀の上にカタツムリがおるぞ！風流じゃなー。ぅえ？これは塀を食しておるのか？なんと！||There are a lot of snails on the fence! That's quite a scene. Wha? You say they are eating the fence? Now, really?!|
| Early Summer 2015||ああ～ 熱くなってきたのじゃ。熱いのは苦手じゃ。筑摩。筑摩～！アイス…ラムネ…||Ugh... It's getting hot. I hate/(dislike) the heat. Chikuma. Chikuma~! Ice cream... Ramune...||Ramune is a soft drink.|
| Fall 2015||実りの秋じゃ。美味しいものがいっぱいなのじゃ。我輩はサンマは全部食べる派じゃ。うぐっ、骨が…筑摩、筑摩ぁ～！||It's the autumn harvest. With so many delicious treats. I am someone who just eats sauries whole. Agh, a fishbone... Chikuma! Chikuma!|
| Christmas 2015||筑摩、西洋のお祭りじゃな。料理もケーキも見事なものじゃ。吾輩も楽しいぞ！||Chikuma, this is a Western festival. The cake and cuisines are totally amazing. I'm having fun too!|
| End of Year 2015||筑摩ぁ、大掃除はもう終わったのじゃ。大の字がついているだけで面倒くさいのじゃ。我輩は早くそばを食いたいのじゃ。||Chikuma, the cleaning is over already. Even sprawling around is troublesome. I want to quickly eat soba.|
| New Year 2016||年が明けたのじゃ！提督、謹賀新年じゃ！今年もよい年にせねばな！||It's dawn of (a new) year! Happy New Year, Admiral! Let's make this year a great one too!||Rough translation|
| Setsubun 2016||吾輩が何故鬼なのじゃ！？…うむ、お姉さんだからか！仕方ないのじゃ…あ痛っ！誰じゃ！！||How come I have to be the demon!? ...hm, it's because I'm the older sister? No way around it then, I suppo-Ow! Who was that!!?|
| Valentines Day 2016||チョコ、美味かったのー！…え？アレは自分で食べるものではなかったのか…すまん…||The chocolates were delicious, Wait I wasn't supposed to eat those? Sorry|
| White Day 2016||提督、そんなにお菓子を抱えてお子様か！うん？配るのか？我輩にもくれるのか？！ワーイ！||Admiral, with all those sweets you're holding, you'll look like a little kid! Huh? You're handing them out? I get to have some too?! Yaaay!|
| Spring 2016||春風が心地よいのう提督よ…このまま深海の連中が大人しければよいのじゃがなぁ…||The spring's breeze is pleasant isn't it, Admiral... It would have been great if those people from the deep sea can continue behaving themselves, ain't it...|
| Third Anniversary 2016||三周年か！なんとあっぱれなことじゃ！うむ！な～っはっはっはっはっは、な～はっは…あひがっ！げ…ぐ…。||Third anniversary, isn't it! How splendid of an occassion it is, indeed! Aye! Wah-hahahahaha! Na-haha- Owch! Nn... gh...|
| Rainy Season 2016||塀の上にカタツムリがおるぞ！風流じゃなぁ。ぅえ？これは塀を食しておるのか？なんと！||Look, there's a snail on top of the fence! That's quite a scene. Wha!? You say it is eating the fence!? Now really?!||From Rainy Season 2015|
|For new seasonal lines that may be missing here, check Seasonal|
- She has long, brown hairin twintails with two white hair ribbon accessories. At least in official art, at least one strand of hair comes down between her eyes.
- Before upgrade, she wears a single elbow glove on her left arm that has a seaplane runway on it, a long green jacket belted at the waist (with some ambiguity as to whether it's acting as a short dress, or she's just wearing no pants), and asymmetrical legwear in the form of a thigh-high sock on her left (runway) side.
- With battle kit on, all her turrets are on her right side.
- After upgrade, she has a much more visually distinct appearance, wearing a shorter green jacket, a long black skirt with such extreme side slits as to make it a pelvic curtain, and no visible underwear. The movie's concept art, however, displays her and Chikuma with actual underwear on.
- In fiction, Tone is often depicted trying to keep a mature front of her little sister, Chikuma.
- She is notable for her old-fashioned militaristic speech patterns, and has a somewhat aggressive personality
- Tone was sunk on 24 July 1945 by USN aircraft from the light carrier USS Monrerey at Kure, Hiroshima (34°14′N 132°30′E). She was raised and scrapped over the course of 1947 and 1948.
- The reason why Tone only has turrets on her right side is because both Tone and Chikuma mounted all four turrets of their main battery forward of the main mast. The rear deck was equipped with a heavy AA battery and a complicated track and turntable system that allowed the quick launch of all 5 (compared to the 3 that all other cruisers carried) of her floatplane reconnaisance aircraft. This is depicted in her original form as a white pattern on her left sock, and on the skirt of her cheongsham in her Kai Ni form.
- Participated in the Indian Ocean Raid in 1944 which culminated in a civilian massacre on her decks despite attempts at prevention by her captain.
- Despite this unfortunate incident, she, Inazuma and Ikazuchi are the only known IJN warships who have retrieved prisoners from sinking/sunken enemy ships. Turning them over safely however, is a prestige only belonging to Inazuma and Ikazuchi.
- Received her Kai Ni on 23/04/2014, together with Chikuma and Bismarck.
- Her name was first carried by the protected cruiser Tone sole in her class, in 1907.
☑ Blur NSFW CG ☒ Blur NSFW CG
☑ Blur other damaged CG ☒ Blur other damaged CG
|Tone Class Heavy Cruisers|
|Tone · Chikuma|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.