I've decided to go for a fleet that only gets A-rank at the boss, with more chance to reach the boss and let Friend Fleet handle the whole A-rank thing.
I am not sure how to recommend a fleet myself as I'm still testing out mine. But here is mine. (Don't follow it please)
The key ideas are:
- Make a fleet that is able to obtain A-rank
- Hence, the CLTs, for opening torp.
- Able to Sink the submarine at node D
- It is between Toukai or OASW ship. Although normal ships can sink it too but loss all shelling.
- Able to survive node M
- That's where the AS comes in. Honestly, you can opt for AP too but it hurts more because you can't utilize Artillery spotting.
- Able to survive node W.
- This part I'm still playing around with. It hurts.
- A-rank the boss
- I did it under AP instead. No BB allows for no 2nd shelling, less damage from their main fleet.
The problem I can see for your fleet:
- Kongou in escort doesn't do much. BB in escort only does 1 shelling. Kongou being there only does one single damage then have weak night battle.
- Put all your torpedo bombers on your FIRST SLOT of your CVs. Bombers on first slots of a carrier receives double bonus and can reach up to 20% increased critical damage damage.
- Dive Bombers are usually used AFTER you already use your Torpedo bomber. Ryuusei Kai can be used instead of Suisei to obtain a possible stronger opening air-strike (random between 0.8 and 1.5 modifiers) albeit weaker shelling (but you're using Shoukaku, she already has a goddamm high shelling damage due to her Firepower).
- Putting your bombers on higher slots actually hurts more in this map because there is more shootdown from the enemy.
- Your Suzuya ain't doing much
- Like, really, you decided to bring 4 CVs but still use Suzuya as fighter mule while giving your CVs dive bombers.