|Seiyuu||Noto Mamiko ( )||Availability||Construction (LSC)|
|Artist||Shimada Humikane ( )||Implementation||2013/12/24|
Taihou Class Armored Carrier
|Evasion||33 ()||AA||42 (79)|
|Type 0 Fighter Model 62 (Fighter-bomber)||18|
|- Unequipped -||7|
Taihou Class Armored Carrier
|Evasion||( )||AA||45 (86)|
|Prototype Reppuu Late Model||30|
|10cm Twin High-angle Gun Mount (Carriage)||24|
|- Unequipped -||8|
|[Edit]Taihou Kai Equipment Bonuses|
|Type 2 Reconnaissance Aircraft||(★2-3)||+1|
|Prototype Keiun (Carrier-based Reconnaissance Model)||(★2-3)||+1|
Quotes[edit | edit source]
|Introduction||そう…私が大鳳。出迎え、ありがとうございます。提督…貴方と機動部隊に勝利を！||Yes... I am Taihou. Thank you for your reception. Admiral... I shall bring victory to you and your task force!|
|Kai||おはようございます！改装済み大鳳です！甲板装甲を強化！防御力もさらに向上！提督のために、露天駐機で、艦載機数も充実です！||Good morning! It's the remodelled Taihou! Reinforced deck armour! Even higher defence! An increase in open-air planes to boost capacity just for you, admiral!|
|I'm the Armoured Carrier, Taihou.
I'm the newest and most advanced standard carrier that is armed with a flight deck. Aren't these enclosed hangars great?
Hmm? You say that gas builds up easily? How rude. I-it'll be fine this time!
|Taihou was sunk by a buildup of combustible gas which caused several internal explosions that sank her.|
|I am aircraft carrier Taihou.
State of the art carrier with reinforced armour all round, including the flight deck. My enclosed hangers and Hurricane Bow look good don't they?
My armoured flight deck has also been redecorated. How does it look? Do you think it suits me?
|Secretary 1||提督。大鳳の装甲甲板、気になりますか？||Admiral. Are you interested in my armoured flight deck?|
|Kai||提督。私のハリケーン・バウ、そんなに気になるの？||Admiral. Are you really that interested in my hurricane bow?|
|Secretary 2||はい。最近式の密閉型の格納庫です。流星でも烈風でも問題ありません。||Yes, these are the newest enclosed hangars. I can fit Ryuusei and Reppuu with no problem.|
|Kai||そうね。対空火器も最新式よ。ガンガンかかってらっしゃい！||Yes, the anti-air weaponry is also state-of-the-art. I'll take on however many that comes!|
|Secretary 3||そんなに、甲板の色が気になるの？…提督の顔が近くて…私の方が、気になるわ。||Are you really that interested in the colour of my flight deck? Your face is close... it's making me feel awkward.|
|Kai||未帰還機…って言葉は嫌な言葉よね。なるべくなら出したくないけれど、戦いだから。||Martyrs... something I do not like to say. As much as I'd like to avoid saying it, it is a war we're currently in.|
|Idle||提督！この大鳳を待たせるなんて･･･なんて言わないわ。訓練や戦略は大事。十分に準備してから出撃しましょ？||Admiral! Making me wait... I won't say anymore. Training and planning are important. Shall we sortie once we are properly ready?|
|Secretary Married||提督、疲れてない？ そう？なら、いいけれど。 無理は……ダメよ？||Admiral, aren't you tired? Really? Well, that's okay. But don’t over do it… okay?|
|Wedding||提督…私、あなたの期待に十分応えていますか？ そう、ならよかった♪ まだまだこんなものじゃないわ。ずっと、ずっと一緒に頑張りましょう！||Admiral.. Did I meet your expectations? Well, that's great♪ But I've still got much more to go. Let's stay together and do our best!|
|Looking At Scores||提督！ご報告です。||Admiral! A report for you.|
|Kai||提督、報告書をお読みになりますか？||Admiral, have you read the report?|
|Joining A Fleet||今日はいい風…。正規空母大鳳、出撃します！||Today's winds are good... Standard Carrier Taihou, heading out!|
|Kai||さぁ、大鳳でるわよ！タウイタウイのみんなも元気かな？||Taihou, heading out now! I wonder if everyone is doing fine in Tawi-Tawi?|
|Equipment 1||うん…悪くないわね||Hmm... not bad.|
|Kai||この装備、いいわね！||This is good equipment!|
|Equipment 2||いいじゃない！ 助かるわ||This is great! Much appreciated.|
|Kai||気持ち的に、楽になるわね。||This makes me content.|
|Equipment 3||いい風ね||A nice wind.|
|⇧ shared with expedition selection, resource collection, instant repair and development|
|Supply||万全の補給と訓練があれば、七面鳥などとは言わせないわ！||With proper supplies and training, they won't call us turkeys!||A reference to the Battle of Philippine Sea where Taihou sunk. The untrained and under equipped Japanese air force was slaughtered by the Americans, who nicknamed the battle "The Great Marianas Turkey Shoot".|
|Docking Minor||そうね。小さな傷が命取りになることもあるわ。||You're right. A small wound may end up a fatal one.||See: How Taihou sank.|
|Kai||航空燃料漏れには気をつけないと。||Gotta make sure we don't get any fuel leaks.|
|Docking Major||この際きちんと直しておくことも大切ね。||It's important to use this time to carry out some proper repairs.|
|Kai||よし、たまには長いお風呂に入ります！||Okay, time to take a long bath once in a while!|
|Docking Complete||修理も万全ね！||That was a perfect repair!|
|Kai||ドックが空いたみたいね。||It seems the dock is clear.|
|Construction||新造艦の建造が終わったわ！||Construction of a new ship has been completed!|
|Kai||新造艦が戦力化したみたい！||Seems like a new ship has been added to our forces!|
|Returning From Sortie||作戦完了！ 艦隊、泊地に帰還しました||Campaign complete! The fleet has returned to base.|
|Kai||艦隊が泊地に帰投です。お疲れ様！||The fleet has returned to base. Good work!|
|Starting A Sortie||皆いい？行くわよ？第一機動部隊、出撃！||Everyone ready? We're going out. First mobile squadron, sortieing!|
|Kai||第一機動部隊、旗艦大鳳、出撃します！||First Mobile Squad Flagship, Taihou, heading out!|
|Battle Start||最新鋭の装甲空母の本当の戦い、見せてあげる！||I'll show you the true strength of the newest and most advanced armoured carrier!|
|Kai||さぁ、やるわ！第六○一航空隊、発艦始め！||Let's do this! 601st squadron, launch!|
|Air Battle||烈風と流星…。この編隊を見たかったの…！||Reppuu and Ryuusei. I wanted to see this squadron!||Historically, Taihou was meant to carry Ryuusei and Reppuu. However, none of the two planes were ready for her commissioning.|
|Kai||装甲甲板は伊達ではないわ。第二次攻撃隊、発艦！||These reinforced decks aren't just for show. Second assault squad, launch!|
|Attack||優秀な子たち、本当の力を見せてあげて！||My brilliant pilots will show you what they're made of!|
|Kai||第一次攻撃隊、全機発艦！||First assault squad, all launch!|
|⇧ shared with day/night special attacks, support expedition team arrival|
|Night Battle||そうね。この際、徹底的に撃滅しましょう！||Yes. We shall use this opportunity to annihilate them!|
|Kai||全艦突撃！残敵を掃射します！||All ships forward! Wipe the remaining forces out!|
|MVP||提督、貴方と勝利を刻むって言ったでしょ？ 負けないわ！||Admiral, did I not promise you victory? I won't lose!|
|Kai||提督、どう？これが大鳳の、そして私たち機動部隊の本当の力なんです！||How's this, Admiral? This is my, and our mobile squadron's true power!|
|Minor Damage 1||この程度、この大鳳はびくともしないわ！||This level of damage would not faze me!|
|Minor Damage 2||はっ！ばっ、爆発！？燃料庫は？燃料は大丈夫！？||Hah! E-explosion?! My Tankers? Are they all right?!||Taihou was known for having weak armor around the fuel tanks allowing a weak point to form.|
|Major Damage||ああっ！ね、燃料が！引火に気をつけないと！||Argh! M-my fuel! Gotta make sure it doesn't ignite!||Taihou was hit in the weak point along the fuel tanks and let fuel leak into the enclosed hangar. Along with inexperienced crew who couldn't ventilate the evaporated fuel, it would lead to her demise.|
|Sunk||また…沈むのね…。でも…今度は暴れて見せたでしょ…？いいわ…。満足…よ。||I'm sinking... again. However, you saw me going wild, didn't you? Good... I'm... satisfied.|
|Kai||どんなに装甲しても…沈むときは沈むのね…。でも…今度は暴れて見せたでしょ…？私は…満足…です…||No matter how thick the armour... you will sink when the time comes, huh... However, you saw me going wild, didn't you? Good... I'm... satisfied.|
Hourly Notifications[edit | edit source]
|00:00||深夜零時です。今日はこの大鳳が、提督に時間をお知らせするわね||Midnight. I, Taihou shall be the one telling you the time today.|
|01:00||マルヒトマルマル ん？一緒に訓練する？いいわ||0100. Hmm? You want to train together? Sure.|
|02:00||マルフタマルマル 最新鋭だからって、そんなじろじろ見られると、困ります！||0200. Even if I'm the newest and most advanced, I'll feel insecure if you keep looking at me like that!|
|03:00||マルサンマルマル 提督、少し仮眠しませんか？え、大丈夫なの？||0300. Admiral, shouldn't you take some sleep? Eh, you'll be fine?|
|04:00||マルヨンマル…マル… はぁー、ふぅー… あっ、わ、私、寝てませんよ！はい！||040...0... Haa... Fuu... Ah, I- I'm not sleeping! Really!|
|05:00||マルゴマルマル 朝です。走り込みから始めましょうか！え、デイリー？||0500. It's morning. Shall we start with some running? Eh, Dailies?||Daily quests reset at 0500.|
|06:00||マルロクマルマル 提督、朝御飯は何がいいですか？間宮さんの和定食？||0600. Admiral, what would you like for breakfast? A Japanese meal from Mamiya?|
|07:00||マルナナマルマル 体力作りは基本中の基本です。朝御飯前にまず腹筋ですね||0700. Stamina training is the most basic of basics. Some press ups before breakfast would go well.|
|08:00||マルハチマルマル 朝食、美味しかったですね！さあ、次は筋トレです！||0800. The breakfast was delicious! Now for some more muscle training!|
|09:00||マルキュウマルマル 提督、何作戦前から疲れた顔してるんです？大丈夫？||0900. Admiral, why are you looking so tired before we have even started combat? Are you okay?|
|10:00||ヒトマルマルマル さあ、そろそろ本格的に作戦開始ですね！||1000. Now, it's time to really start the fighting!|
|11:00||ヒトヒトマルマル いい感じですね！提督、体力ついてきたんじゃないですか？||1100. That feels nice! Admiral, are you still holding up?|
|12:00||ヒトフタマルマル お昼です。この艦隊では、どんなカレーが出るのかしら||1200. It's noon. I wonder what sort of curry is served in this fleet.|
|13:00||ヒトサンマルマルです ええっ！？秘書艦が持ち回りでカレーを作るんですか？||It's 1300. Eh?! It's my turn to make curry, as I'm the secretary this time?!|
|14:00||ヒトヨンマルマル ごめんなさい、すっかり遅くなってしまって… 大鳳カレー…です…||1400. Sorry, this ended up really late... but here's some Taihou curry.|
|15:00||ヒトゴマルマル どうでした？私のカレー。おいしかった…の？よかったぁ！||1500. How was my curry? It was great...? Hurray!|
|16:00||ヒトロクマルマル 夕方は事故が起こりやすいです。気を引き締めていきましょう！||1600. Most accidents occur in the evening. Let's stay vigilant!|
|17:00||ヒトナナマルマルです え！？遠くで爆音が？怖い…怖いですね… 火の用心です！||It's 1700. Eh?! An explosion from far away...? That's scary... be careful of fires!|
|18:00||ヒトハチマルマル あの…すみません…誘爆だけは怖くって… 敵は怖くないんです||1800. Um... my apologies... triggered explosions are the only thing I can't handle... enemies are fine.|
|19:00||ヒトキュウマルマル 提督が、あなたがいるから、今の私は安心してます。本当です||1900. Admiral, as you're here... I've calmed down. It's true.|
|20:00||フタマルマルマル あの彗星のこと？そうね、忘れたことはないわ||2000. That suisei? Yes, I would never forget it.||Reference to Warrant Officer Sakio Komatsu who dove his plane into the path of a torpedo heading for Taihou.|
|21:00||フタヒトマルマル もうこんな時間？提督といると時間が経つのが早い、不思議||2100. This late already? Time seems to fly by when I'm with you. It's amazing.|
|22:00||フタフタマルマル 提督、今日のお仕事は終了ですね。夜食はお酒でもどうですか？||2200. Admiral, you're done for the day, aren't you? How about some alcohol with the late night snack?|
|23:00||フタサンマルマル 提督は飲みすぎると…あら？ うふふっ、寝顔はかわいいのね、うふふっ||2300. If you drink too much... Oh? Hehe... your sleeping face is adorable. D'ohoh.|
Seasonal Quotes[edit | edit source]
|Third Anniversary 2016
||提督、艦隊三周年本当におめでとうございます。この大鳳もお祝い申し上げます。これからもご一緒に頑張って参りましょう。||Admiral, congratulation on our fleet's third anniversary. I, Taihou will celebrate this occasion. Let us do our best for the upcoming year.|
|Rainy Season 2016
||雨が続くと、艦載機の訓練に支障が出るわね。航空隊の練度が心配。ううん…。||If the rain keeps on pouring, it hinders our flight drill. I'm worried that the squad will not get adequate training. Hmm...|
|Rainy Season 2016
||そうか！荒天時運用の訓練と考えればいいのよね。よしっ、艦載機の皆さん、訓練に…あれ？皆さん？あれっ…？||That's right! I can just use the rain as part of their training. Right! Fellow planes, commencing... Huh? Everyone? Huh...?||Secretary 2|
Taihou's aircraft pilots may escape from her to the place where Unryuu stays. Because they are unwilling to train under the rain.
||翔鶴さん、瑞鶴さん、いつもありがとう。私、お芋を焼いてみたの。どう、ご一緒に？ 食物繊維は体にいいのよ？||Shoukaku-san, Zuikaku-san, Thank you always for everything. I cooked some sweet potatoes. Would you like to join me? Fiber is good for your body you know?|
||み、皆さんどうしたんですか？その編成、装備は一体？え？北方秋刀魚漁支援ですか？そ、そうですか…そう…||E-everyone what is going on? what's with that fleet composition and equipment? Northern Sea Saury Fishing Support? I-I see.. I see...|
|Early Summer 2017
||なんでしょう？なにか年も乗り越えた気がします。提督、私、どこか変ですか？そう、気のせいかな…心配かけて、すみません。||What's this? I feel like I've managed to overcome something again this year. Am I odd anywhere, Admiral? I see, it must have been my imagination... sorry for worrying you.||Refer to her sinking date.|
|For new seasonal lines that may be missing here, check Seasonal|
Character[edit | edit source]
Appearance[edit | edit source]
- Has golden/light-brown eyes and medium-length brown hair with bangs over her forehead. She also wears a headband with two horn-like protrusions on either side.
- Dresses in a white long-sleeved bolero that exposes the armpits while her hurricane bow is placed below her neck; wears a pair of armored thigh-highs and a spats underneath a red pleated skirt.
- A metal-like belt with miniature-sized AA-guns is seen secured and wrapped around her waist that connects to her rigging with the bridge on the right side and her armored flight deck on the left
- Historians dispute over the material of her deck surface. In earlier WWII-related games, Taihou is usually given grey-colored deck, representing either concrete or latex-painted surface, but recent evidences tend to support that she actually used wooden deck surface.
- Unlike the other standard carriers, she uses a repeating crossbow instead of a bow. In her pre-kai form, a magazine labeled "戦" (fighters) is loaded on the crossbow, while she holds a spare magazine labeled "攻" (attackers/torpedo bombers) in her left hand.
- Her skirt, together with the side of her flight deck, changes to a forest green camo-like color while the top of the deck now colored black. Most likely representing latex-painted deck finish.
- The spare magazine for her crossbow is now stored in the hangars of her flight deck.
- Her illustrator, Shimada Humikane comments: "She is the modified Taihou. Aside from change in colors, she has a slightly longer hull (her carrier-shaped part behind her waist), more AA guns (behind her waist) and improved underwater defense (thicker armor around her thighs)." These are the improvements of the planned Kai-Taihou-class armored carrier, making her the only ship so far to have her Kai form based on a successor ship class, which is impossible to be remodeled into in real life.
- A confident smile can be seen on her after remodel.
Personality[edit | edit source]
- Taihou is a kind, shy and reserved girl. She is proud to be the first armored aircraft carrier, but at the same time, she laments about her misfortune (sinking after taking one torpedo). Her historical part did not contribute much, so in this world, she tried to run wild and do as much as possible for her Admiral.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- She is the first carrier in-game that can launch planes even when moderately damaged (orange).
- Has the lowest luck stat in the game.
- Can equip 10cm Twin High-angle Gun Mount (Carriage) or 10cm Twin High-angle Gun Mount Kai + Additional Machine Guns in her Expansion Slot
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Her name means "great phoenix".
- The IJN wanted to build 5 Improved Taihou-class aircraft carriers in the modified Kai-Maru 5 Programme, but in the end Taihou was the only carrier of her class due to the dire state of the war and the lack of resources.
- The improved Taihou class large carriers (30.000 t) were canceled in favor of the mass production Hiryuu medium carrier, the Unryuu Class (17.000 t).
- Sunk by a single torpedo by USS Albacore during Battle of the Philippine Sea, June 19, 1944.
- The hole in the hull of her damaged CG (both normal and Kai) represents the spot where she was hit by Albacore's torpedo.
- Her being sunk six hours after a single torpedo hit is considered really unlucky, all due to an inexperienced crew, serious design flaws, and poor damage control.
- This may be reflected on in her exceedingly low luck statistics in the game.
☑ Blur NSFW CG ☒ Blur NSFW CG
☑ Blur other damaged CG ☒ Blur other damaged CG
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.