Suisei (Egusa Squadron)
Comet (Egusa Squadron)
|Coastal Defense Ship||Destroyer|
|Light Cruiser||Torpedo Cruiser|
|Heavy Cruiser||Training Cruiser|
|Aviation Cruiser||Fast Battleship|
|Light Carrier||Standard Aircraft Carrier|
|Armored Carrier||Seaplane Tender|
|Submarine||Aircraft Carrying Submarine|
|Submarine Tender||Fleet Oiler|
|Repair Ship||Amphibious Assault Ship|
The Suisei is a high speed dive bomber developed to replace the Type 99 Dive Bomber. Despite teething problems with the engine and the airframe, the Egusa Squadron with its Air Group commander, supported by skilled maintenance crews of frontline carriers, paved the way for the Suisei to achieve an outstanding dive bombing accuracy rate for the next generation of the Carrier Task Force.
- Quest F14 reward.
|Souryuu Kai Ni||+6|
| Ise-class Kai Ni||+4|
|Hiryuu Kai Ni||+3|
Takashige Egusa was a highly skilled and accurate dive bombing pilot who served on Souryuu. He led the second attack wave on Pearl Harbor, assault on Wake Island, Port Darwin and sunk a handful of Royal Navy ships but was badly injured during Midway, stopping his rampant dominance. When he returned to duty, he was shot down by a VT Fuze while under very heavy Anti-aircraft fire flying a Ginga.
- His reputation earned him the nickname "God of Dive Bombing" by his squad members.
- He achieved an impressive 87% hit rate at the end of his career.
- The Suisei was suppose to replace his aging Type 99 Dive Bomber.
- Crew of the USS San Jacinto were reportedly not happy by how Japanese command willingly risked one of the most talented pilots of the war in an act of desperation, but still recognized his military bravery, "dying like a respectable samurai in the battlefield".
- Although not directly named on the equipment card, the plane is actually the Suisei Model 12A variant.