|Seiyuu||Sakura Ayane ( )||Availability||Construction (Normal)|
|Artist||Shizuma Yoshinori (しずまよしのり)||Implementation||2013/04/23|
Shimakaze Class Destroyer
|Armor||8 (29)||Torpedo||45 (89)|
|Evasion||50 ()||AA||14 (49)|
|12.7cm Twin Gun Mount||0|
|Type 22 Surface Radar||0|
|- Locked -||-|
|- Locked -||-|
Shimakaze Class Destroyer
|Armor||14 (59)||Torpedo||48 (99)|
|Evasion||( )||AA||16 (59)|
|Type 13 Air Radar||0|
|Type 93 Passive Sonar||0|
|25mm Triple Autocannon Mount||0|
|- Locked -||-|
|Introduction||駆逐艦島風です。スピードなら誰にも負けません。速きこと、島風の如し、です！||I'm Destroyer Shimakaze. When it comes to speed I'm the best there is, swift like the island breeze!||Shimakaze = Island breeze|
|I am Shimakaze, the Shimakaze-class ship that was developed as the pinnacle of destroyers, fast and armed with heavy torpedos.|
After all, I can go faster than 40 knots.
However, I wasn't suited for mass production so I was the only one built.
|Shimakaze reported to have achieved a top speed of 40.9 kn (75.7 km/h; 47.1 mph) during her sea trials.|
|Secretary 2||なんですかぁ提督ぅ！||What is it, Admiral?|
|Kai||提督、おはようございまーっす！||Good Morning, Admiral!|
|Secretary 3||かけっこしたいんですか？負けませんよ？||Want to race? I won't lose.|
|Idle (Kai)||んぁ？･･･ん、今、連装砲ちゃんとお話したの。ふぅ･･･だって退屈なんだもん！||Hmm… Ah! I was talking with Rensouhou-chan… sigh…'cause I'm bored!||Shimakaze is referring her animated '12.7cm Twin Gun Mount' as 'Rensouhou-chan'|
|Secretary Married||えっ？提督、走り疲れたの？おっそーい！…でも、頑張ったね！||Eh? Admiral, you're tired from running? How slo~w!... But, you did your best!|
|Wedding||提督、私の走り見てくれた？ね、早いでしょ？早いでしょ？フフフン。||Admiral, did you watch me running? Heh, I'm fast, yeah? Yeah? *smug*|
|Looking At Scores||提督宛てに連絡がきてるみたいよ。||Seems like there are messages addressed to you, Admiral.|
|Joining A Fleet||島風、出撃しまーす！||Shimakaze, deploying!|
|Equipment 1||もっともっと速くなってもいいの？||Can I keep getting faster and faster?|
|Equipment 2||これ以上速くなっても知らないから！||Don't blame me if I get even faster!|
|Equipment 3||おっそーい！||So slow!|
|⇧ shared with expedition selection, resource collection, instant repair and development|
|Supply||もっともっと速くなってもいいの？||Can I keep getting faster and faster?||Same as Equipment (1)|
|Kai||補給おそーい！！||The resupply is slow !!|
|Docking Minor||タービン周りも整備したーい！||I want my engines serviced too!|
|Docking Major||連装砲ちゃんも修理してあげなきゃ。||Rensouhou-chan needs to be fixed, too.||Again, 'Rensouhou-chan' is referring to her '12.7cm Twin Gun Mount'|
|Docking Complete||修理が終わった船があるみたいよ。||Looks like a ship is completely repaired.|
|Kai||修理が終わったみたい。遅いってば！||So the repair is completed. Slow!|
|Construction||また私より遅い船が出来たみたい。||It looks like another ship slower than me has been constructed.|
|Returning From Sortie||艦隊がやっと帰投したよ。遅いよね？||The fleet finally came back. Slow, huh?|
|Starting A Sortie||連装砲ちゃん、一緒に行くよ。||Let's go, Rensouhou-chan.|
|Battle Start||私には誰も追いつけないよ！||There's nobody that can keep up with me, you know!|
|Attack||島風、砲雷撃戦入ります！||Shimakaze, engaging in shelling.|
|Kai||五連装酸素魚雷！いっちゃってぇー！||Quint Oxygen Torpedoes! Fire!||The real-life Shimakaze was equipped with three 61cm Quint (Oxygen) Torpedo Mount|
|⇧ shared with day/night special attacks, support expedition team arrival|
|Night Battle||だからー、島風からは、逃げられないって！||I told you there's no escape from Shimakaze!|
|Night Attack||えへへ、あなたって遅いのね！||Ehehe, you're too slow!|
|MVP||私が一番？やっぱり？そうよね！だって速いもん！||I'm the best? Really? I knew it! I'm fast, after all!|
|Minor Damage 1||ひゃっ！？||Augh!|
|Minor Damage 2||やーめーてーよー！||Stop it already!|
|Kai||あんまりあれだと過熱しちゃうよ…||Keep that up and things are gonna get heated...|
|Major Damage||はう…この私がやられるなんて…||Argh, for me to get hit...|
|Kai||あうぅっ！ 痛いってばぁっ！||Augh! That really hurts!|
|Sunk||速いだけじゃ…だめなのね…||I guess only being fast isn't good enough...||Shimakaze's speed (40+ knots) proved insufficient against the 350+ knots attack aircraft could achieve.|
- Shimakaze wears a sleeveless serafuku with golden buttons that exposes her midriff and a very short skirt. Her black undergarments are seen on her hips, and wears red striped stockings with gray shoes with rudders acting as heels. She has long blonde hair held in place by a hairband that resembles a bunny's ears and has modest breasts. She is often accompanied by Rensouhou-chan, three gun turret familiars which originated from Shimakaze's three twin 12.7 cm/50 naval gun turrets. One of her Rensouhou-chan has a lifebuoy with "Zekamashi" scribbled onto it.
- Shimakaze is hyperactive and excitable, but is also absent-minded. She prides herself as being the fastest in her fleet, and boasts about her speed very frequently.
- Her name means "island wind."
- It was first carried by the fourth ship of the Minekaze class in 1920.
- The Minekaze-class Shimakaze participated in WW2 under the name of Patrol Boat n°1.
- Guided missile destroyer JS Shimakaze (DDG-172) exists in JMSDF today.
- She was a unique ship with no sister ships.
- Sunk in the Battle of Ormoc Bay near Cebu, Philippines, 11 November 1944.
- Naganami, Hamanami and an unimplemented destroyer also sank in the same area where Shimakaze sunk.
- Her wreck was finally discovered by RV Petrel in December 2017, after decades of lull under Ormoc Bay, in an underwater expedition sanctioned by the Philippine government. That same discovery also revealed Naganami and Hamanami too.
- She was not actually the world's fastest destroyer at the time; that honor goes to the French Le Fantasque-class destroyers. Le Fantasque and her sisters had a top speed of 45 knots as opposed to Shimakaze's 40.9 knots. However if one considers offshore speed, Shimakaze would be the fastest destroyer at that time.
- There are several other destroyers around the world that were faster than her; namely, the russian Tashkent and the italian Capitani Romani, which could reach 42.5kn and 43kn respectively.
- Fans have given her the nickname "Zekamashi", her name "spelled" backwards as it would be on an old Japanese life preserver. This is because traditionally, Japanese was written in vertical columns from right to left. If you tried to write on something thin like a life preserver, there would only be space for one character per line, so you would end up writing backwards by modern, left-to-right standards.
- With Amatsukaze, Akizuki, Teruzuki, Hatsuzuki and Suzutsuki she is one of 6 destroyers with "animated turrets".
- Shimakaze was NOT the last destroyer build by Japan which participated in WWII : she was actually followed by the Matsu class, which were supposed to be "more cost efficient" (hence cheaper and weaker) and Matsu's subclass, the Tachibana class. Although many destroyers of those two classes hadn't time to participate in combat, some were engaged in battles and sunk.
Shimakaze was planned and built as the experimental prototype of a new class of heavy destroyers, designated "Type C." Sixteen other units were ordered but later cancelled due to more pressing wartime needs. Though never repeated, she was a successful design, combining large size (around 25 feet longer than Yuugumo-class destroyers), firepower (six 5" guns in new Type D turrets), and heavy torpedo armament (three quintuple sets of 24" tubes, the most powerful such broadside ever mounted on a Japanese destroyer) with a 40-knot top speed. The latter was thanks to new high-pressure, high-temperature boilers able to generate nearly 80,000 shaft horsepower and would have propelled all future Japanese destroyer designs, had circumstances permitted their construction.
☑ Blur NSFW CG ☒ Blur NSFW CG
☑ Blur other damaged CG ☒ Blur other damaged CG
|Shimakaze Class Destroyers|