|Coastal Defense Ship||Destroyer|
|Light Cruiser||Torpedo Cruiser|
|Heavy Cruiser||Training Cruiser|
|Aviation Cruiser||Fast Battleship|
|Standard Aircraft Carrier|
|Armored Carrier||Seaplane Tender|
|Submarine||Aircraft Carrying Submarine|
|Submarine Tender||Fleet Oiler|
|Repair Ship||Amphibious Assault Ship|
"No Grumman could catch us" was the famous telegraph sent from this reconnaissance aircraft, Saiun. This reconnaissance aircraft boasts high-speed performance no enemy fighter can overtake. As the war deteriorated, this aircraft monitored enemy movements at sea.
Please deploy the 4th Reconnaissance Squadron on Admiral's Carrier Task Force!
Characteristics of Saiun
- Does NOT participate in Aerial Combat.
- Increases the chance for Contact.
- Prevents T-cross disadvantage ("Red T").
- In PvP, Saiun must be equipped in the player's fleet to cancel Red T. Saiun equipped on an opposing player's fleet will NOT cancel Red T.
- Does NOT prevent Red T in Aerial Combat nodes.
- While it doesn't prevent Red-T on aerial nodes, it is irrelevant as airstrikes are unaffected by engagement modifiers.
The development of carrier-based reconnaissance aircraft wasn't something contemplated even prior to the opening of World War II, this was mostly due to the limited plane capacity that Carriers had, thus the role of reconnaissance was delegated to fighters or torpedo bombers. Prior to the Attack on Pearl Harbor and the Battle of Midway, the IJN mainly relied on its seaplanes launched from its battleships and cruisers.
- Ironically, despite its high speed over fighter interception, it was the last aircraft shot down in the war, Japanese surrender happening just 5 minutes later.
- Nakajima C6N - Wikipedia
- 彩雲 (航空機) - Wikipedia (Japanese link)
- Nakajima C6N1-S Saiun (Painted Cloud) MYRT - National Air and Space Museum