The Reinforcement Expansion is a consumable item added in the August 10th 2015 update along with the Summer Event. It allows you to reinforce a ship to permanently add an additional utility equipment slot. For example, you can equip a reinforced ship with Damecons without compromising the equipment setup.
The reinforcement will remain after a remodel.The Reinforcement Expansion item is available as event map rewards, some quest rewards, or through the Cash Shop for 500 DMM points.
- Your Kanmusu must be at least Level 30 to install the Reinforcement Expansion.
To use the Reinforcement Expansion:
- Go into the equipment menu
- Select the ship you wish to add a slot to
- Mouse over roughly the bottom half of the character's portrait; you should see some words appearing there, click them
- Confirm with the left button (cancel with the right)
- The extra slot will appear over the portrait
This additional slot is limited to the following gear. Turbines do count towards the speed system buffs. High-angle guns can potentially interfere with Artillery Spotting.
- Emergency Repair Personnel and Emergency Repair Goddess;
- Combat Provisions and Canned Mackerel;
- Anti-aircraft machine guns and rocket launchers.
Any non-DE ship:
- Turbines (Improved Kanhon Type Turbine is the only one available).
Any ship able to equip anti-torpedo bulges in other slots:
- Bulges (size depends on the ship type).
- 10cm Twin High-angle Gun Mount (Carriage) and 10cm Twin High-angle Gun Mount Kai + Additional Machine Guns.