|Coastal Defense Ship||Destroyer|
|Light Cruiser||Torpedo Cruiser|
|Heavy Cruiser||Training Cruiser|
|Aviation Cruiser||Fast Battleship|
|Light Carrier||Standard Aircraft Carrier|
|Armored Carrier||Seaplane Tender|
|Submarine||Aircraft Carrying Submarine|
|Submarine Tender||Fleet Oiler|
|Repair Ship||Amphibious Assault Ship|
Category Ships with Prototype Toukai as stock equipment not found
Category Equipment that consume Prototype Toukai during improvement not found
- Fall 2017 Event E-2 Medium/Hard reward.
- Winter 2018 Event E-1 Hard reward.
- Quest F81 offers this as a choice between three rewards
- Quest B143 offers this as a choice between two rewards
- Anti-Submarine Patrol capabilities have been improved as of 11 December 2017.
- This is the world's first purpose-built Anti-Submarine Warfare aircraft.
- The 901st and 903rd Naval Air Groups were the only operators of the Toukai during the war.
- The Toukai is equipped with was supposed to be equipped with a newer radar, but due to development problems it was equipped with the older Type 3 Kū Mark 6 Model 4 "Wireless Telegraph" (H-6 Radar) and the KMX Magnetic Anomaly Detector to supplement its detection capabilities. It also included a "C device" capable of causing interference to surfaced submarines.
- During its service it never sank a submarine, even though it was designed for this role.