Prototype FaT Type 95 Oxygen Torpedo Kai
|Coastal Defense Ship||Destroyer|
|Light Cruiser||Torpedo Cruiser|
|Heavy Cruiser||Training Cruiser|
|Aviation Cruiser||Fast Battleship|
|Light Carrier||Standard Aircraft Carrier|
|Armored Carrier||Seaplane Tender|
|Submarine||Aircraft Carrying Submarine|
|Submarine Tender||Fleet Oiler|
|Repair Ship||Amphibious Assault Ship|
This is a prototype, submarine oxygen torpedo with the FaT guidance system which uses a gyroscopic mechanism to change course overtime that was developed from another (Germany) country for use on surface attacks on enemy warships. This prototype oxygen torpedo was brought by U-boats for practical use on sea-lane control.
- FaT stands for Federapparat-Torpedo or Flächen-Absuch-Torpedo (spring device torpedo or area searching torpedo), a mechanical device that changes the torpedo's course over time so that it runs back and forth on parallel lines of 800 or 1600 m in length.
- These testing prototype torpedoes only exist on paper, combining the deadly damage and long range of the Type 95 "Long Lance" submarine-based torpedoes and the FaT guiding system that increased the accuracy of the warhead by adjusting the course little by little on the way to the target to ensure maximum desired impact.
- The fairy can be seen holding an example of how the FaT guidance system actually works.
- This is the first torpedo equipment in-game not to have a torpedo launcher or a submarine bow as part of its design.
- Type 95 torpedo
- List of World War II torpedoes of Germany
- Flächen-Absuch-Torpedo - Wikipedia (German site)
- 酸素魚雷 - Wikipedia (Japanese site)