|Coastal Defense Ship||Destroyer|
|Light Cruiser||Torpedo Cruiser|
|Heavy Cruiser||Training Cruiser|
|Aviation Cruiser||Fast Battleship|
|Light Carrier||Standard Carrier|
|Submarine||Aircraft Carrying Submarine|
|Repair Ship||Amphibious Assault Ship|
This excellent aircraft was affectionately called the "Catalina" by its crews. It's highly reliable and has a wide array of uses, from patrols to air-to-sea rescue. Even after the war it still was one of the best aircraft.
- Quest B88 offers this as a choice between two rewards, the other being the Type 2 Seaplane Fighter Kai.
- It increases the chance of "Great Success" at the scouting nodes in 6-3.
- Requires that a Seaplane Bomber be launched in order for it to participate in aerial combat.
- Increase hit rate(?)
- Can be used to attack submarines.
- Cannot be used for artillery spotting unlike other seaplanes.
- Can trigger contact.
- If assigned to an airbase for Land Base Aerial Support, the PBY-5A Catalina will increase the maximum combat range of all aircraft in the airbase.