To modernize a ship, first pick the ship you want to upgrade, then choose 1 to 5 ships to "merge". You will lose them in the process, make sure you didn't pick the ones you want to keep. A consumed ship's equipment is wasted as well, you will not retain any equipment still equipped on the consumed ship. Remember to remove any valuable equipment the consumable ship might possibly have. Also stock equipment can be broken down for small amounts of material though most likely not worth the effort.
General Modernization (Firepower, Torpedo, Anti-Air, Armor)Edit
- You will lose those modernization upgrades after remodel. Don't let it discourage you from modernizing your girls though, unless they are close to remodel level.
- There is a maximum cap for those upgrades (refer to infoboxes on ship pages or to tables listed here).
- Modernization can fail with +1 only, see the table below for details (0 will give you the penguin failure screen, all other results will display as the success message).
- A formula to calculate the amount achieved in a successful modernization is (i is summary input):
- A formula to calculate the amount achieved in a failed modernization is:
- The chance of success is 50% for each stat you're trying to boost with modernization, i.e. you can attempt to modernize for +15 firepower and +15 armor, but end up with +15 firepower and +8 armor as the result.
- Values that are most efficient in the local cluster are bolded. Players should attempt to modernize at these values for maximum points per ship consumed. Efficiency here is the average number of points you get factoring the 50% chance for modernization success, relative to the number of points input.
- For instance, if attempting to maximize Anti-Air efficiency, you can use 5 Isuzu Kai for +5, +5, +20 and +10. More commonly for low-level admirals, combining an Isuzu Kai from 1-5 with a Fusou from 2-2 leads to +5, +1, +5 and +5 which can be used as is, or supplemented with destroyers/submarines to add torpedo stat more efficiently, though torpedoes are rarely the limiting stat.
- The calculations are modified as a ship reaches its cap. When the cap is approached, success is taken as the max addable points, while failure is still the failure points. For instance, if there are 5 points remaining, using a 5 point input yields 5-3 or an average efficiency of 80%, which is significantly inferior to either the 4 point input or 3 point input.
Luck Modernization (Maruyu)Edit
Following the December 2013 update, Maruyu can be used as Modernization material for +1.2 luck (+1.6 luck if she is remodeled to Maruyu Kai), result will be rounded down after adding random number below 1. You can still increase a maxed-out ship's luck through modernization. Luck gained through modernization is retained upon remodeling.
- Although the indicator will display +6 luck for 5 Maruyu Kai before modernization, it is guaranteed to award +8 luck once carried out.
- DE modernization can also be used to increase luck.
DE Modernization (HP, ASW, Luck)Edit
- Using at least one DE will have a chance to increase ASW and/or Luck.
- Using two DE of the same class and different name (e.g. Shimushu + Kunashiri or Etorofu + Matsuwa, referred as pair below) will have a chance to increase HP.
- For unmarried ships HP can always be increased by maximum 2 points overall. For married ships it can be increased by maximum 2 points with the following exceptions:
- Maximum 1 point: I-13, I-14, I-19, I-26, I-58, U-511 Kai, Hayasui.
- Can't be increased: I-168 Kai, I-400, I-401, I-8, Maruyu, Hayasui Kai (modded unmarried HP = maximal married HP), Bismarck (all forms), Italia/Littorio, Musashi, Mutsu Kai/Kai Ni, Nagato Kai/Kai Ni, Richelieu, Roma/Kai, Yamato, Nelson Kai, Colorado Kai.
- ASW can be increased by maximum 9 points overall.
- Ship classes that have 0 base ASW stat will not receive the modernization.
- Luck can not be increased past its maximal value.
- Bonus values are preserved after remodel.
- The following are some preliminary results/speculations about success rates (note that or assumes non-maxed stats, that is, for example, +1 HP or +1 Luck with maxed Luck can give 0 HP and Luck, ~50% for +1 HP and 0% for Luck since it's maxed).
|1 DE||Base and Kai||+1 ASW or +1 Luck, 60/40||~50|
|1 DE pair||Kai||+1 HP or +1 Luck, 50/50? Independent 20-30% for +1 ASW?||50-60+|
|1+ DE pair + 0+ DE||Base and Kai||Still +1 HP or +1 Luck, 50/50?||10+|
|2 different DE pairs + DE||Kai||Can give +2 ASW, Does not guarantee HP or Luck||10+|
- It has been found that performing DE modernization with a combined level value of at least 103 (Eg. lv.51 + lv.52) has a ~50% chance to increase two parameters instead of just one. (Aka. HP+Luck or HP+ASW)
- This implies that level is taken into consideration into success rates for DE modernization, though exact details are unknown.
AV Modernization (HP)Edit
After the 22nd April 2019 update, certain AVs are now able to be used as modernization material to increase HP of certain ships.
- Requires minimum 2 copies of the same AV to activate.
- There is a success rate dependent on how many copies are used in a single attempt.
- Current theory for success rate is +30% per duplicate base AV, and +40% per duplicate kai AV.
- If success rate is over 100%, the excess rate goes into rolling for a second HP increase. (120% means 20% to get +2 HP instead)
- The HP mod cap is shared and has the same limitations as the DE HP mod system.
Leveling (Evasion, LOS, ASW)Edit
Generally, those stats are unaffected by modernization and follow the following formula instead (ASW can also be raised using DE modernization):
- The current value is determined only by ship's current level
lvand remodel form (Base, Kai, Kai Ni, etc.) with its associated constants
f(99)(refer to infoboxes on ship pages or to tables listed here).
f(1)is the base or starting value for this remodel form: value at level 1 for ships in base form, arbitrary value otherwise (that is, not the value at remodel level).
f(99)is the value at level 99 (that is, not the maximal value).
- For example, for Shoukaku Kai Ni A
evasion(1) = 36and
evasion(99) = 81, so evasion at remodel level (88) is
36 + floor((81 - 36) * 88 / 99) = 76, while the maximal value at level 165 is
36 + floor((81 - 36) * 165 / 99) = 111.
- After marriage the value continues to grow as
lv> 99. For example, Shimakaze Kai has less evasion than Yukikaze Kai before marriage (
67 + floor((99 - 67) * lv / 99) > 55 + floor((99 - 55) * lv / 99)when
lv < 97) and more after (
67 + floor((99 - 67) * lv / 99) < 55 + floor((99 - 55) * lv / 99)when
lv > 101).
- With the DE modernization bonus the ASW formula is
- The end stat is always rounded down to the nearest integer.
All ships will provide a fixed input for modernization.
Light Cruisers/Torpedo Cruisers/Training CruisersEdit
Heavy Cruisers/Aviation CruisersEdit
Light Carriers/Seaplane Tenders/Submarine Tenders/Amphibious Assault ShipsEdit
Standard Carriers/Armored CarriersEdit
Examples and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 For example, modernizing AA with 5 Isuzu Kai:
- Summary input = 5 * 4 AA = 20 AA.
- Amount modernized on success = 20 + floor((20 + 1) / 5) = 24 AA.
- Amount modernized on failure = floor((20 + ((20 + 2) / 5)) / 2) = 12 AA.
- ↑ https://twitter.com/KanColle_STAFF/status/913724302733729797
- ↑ https://twitter.com/KanColle_STAFF/status/913725377234690048
- ↑ https://twitter.com/KanColle_STAFF/status/914653126359080960
- ↑ Template:Calc/HP
- ↑ https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sTd9tQ0fIHWjKaLrAqwyGgAXSpjdYQxveVRM1W9yrVE