Congratulations!!! Treat her well!. Is you event doing good, drop wise? I neither have the time or resources to do the event. I will try as best as I am able too. Gosl this event is all event Kanmusu, I-13, and perhaps what ever BB or CV is available on the EO maps. As of yet didnt see any drop listings for that. Just lighter ships. Good luck, and keep me up to date.
So cool! Wish I could play that game one day and yes I'll do my best to take care of her <o
Yeah this event snuck up on me too, not doing so bad so far, first two maps was very resource friendly with DD fleets, also managed E3(medium) mostly without support fleet. Drops so far have been awesome, loving this event hehe. I want those submarine twins as well(I-13&14), not sure what I'll focus on tho now that I got Amatsukaze, I do think Sagiri is really cute, but wiki seems to say she can be obtained outside of event, but not sure where. For now I really want to finish E4 and get Maru who I think looks great.
You really gambled right with focusing on Desron16 tho, I think they are all historical ships this event, did you manage to get them up to a good lvl? (I totaly failed in my objective to lvl desron6, focused on lvling support ships instead)
That's good to hear, some nice additions indeed, I'm sure you'll love Warspite. Minazuki has really grown on me, her apperance is sort of a bit contrary to her personality, but that is true for several of the girls in the Mutsuki crew.
Wish I had gotten Zara and Ark Royal, I'm jealous! :D Grats on getting Yuuchan, first or just a new one?
I posted this in the comment section as well, but yeah it was a great event for me.
It will take some time to repair my fleet and get my buckets up again tho.
I know the feeling. That is my first U-chan. I also decided to keep more non event drops as I have the room to afford to do so. Oddly I have yet yo add Paka-Pan and her sister. Right now my final goal is to finish leveling the Kanmusu who have Landing craft as part of their Kai Ni. That leaves Ooshi, and Arashio. Then will focus on Shokoku for armored carrier. will level up Des-ron 16 for event DD's. I might try a run on ranking one month before the second season comes out and the servers get full of new folk. Don't be too upset I wasn't able to get the Swan till a year later. They will come. Your plans?
As it happends I plan to focus on Des-ron 16 as well, finally they are gonna see some combat rather then just doing expeditions with Tenryuu. Not for any particular stratigic reason, but I recently finished lvl'ing the whole Mutsuki crew, so doing the rest of the moe girls now including Wakaba and Hatsushimo. I will likely also look into strengthening my anti-installation ships, this event was a rude awakening in that regard.
I love Paka-Pan, her sister tho just looks a bit odd to me somehow. It was my first Yuuchan too, so happy!
Oh right the second season is finaly coming, brave choise to swap out the main characters, but focusing on the Nishimura Fleet was basically some peoples dream come true. Are you hyped for it?
If they have sub girls in it and more Amatsukaze. I will be happy. Will be interesting to see how they make this anime work. Over the light hearted and more deeply dark plot of the movie. As for my Des ron 16. Still far from event ready
Sub girls in the anime would be awesome, I can sort of foresee that being difficult tho, as underwater scenes might create a whole new dimension of art and creative implamantation, it would be great tho.
Google must have given me the wrong result, I thought you ment Desron6 :P They would perhaps not be that usefull for events hehe, Desron16 makes more sense. I got two of them this event and googles-chan(Yukikaze) is one of my favorites, but yet to get Amatsukaze. I feel bad for Shimakaze that I didn't try harder to get her, but maybe next time.
I did a little bit of testing with OASW set-ups on Gambier Bay.
1. you need a total ASW stat of 65 and more. This requirement will be easier to meet with higher levels, since she is one of the few CVLs with a non-0 ASW stat.
2. you need at least one plane with 7 ASW or more
3. the Liaison Plane and the Autogyro both enable OASW attacks even if they are the only planes with 7 or more ASW. No additional planes are needed for OASW attacks, if the basic requirement of 65 ASW is met.
I can't test yet, if she can attack with a loadout of either only Autogyros or only Liaison Aircraft. Other CVLs need an additional plane for the actual attack, but she was able to OASW with a combination of only Autogyro and Liaison Aircraft.
Please be aware, that a combination of Autogyro and Liaison (without a regular bomber) ONLY enables OASW attacks. This will NOT enable her to attack subs during the shelling phase.
A loadout of at least one regular bomber (ideally with a high ASW stat) and Autogyro/Liaison Aircraft for the high ASW stat, enabling anti-sub attacks in the shelling phase and OASW at lower levels and increasing the damage for pure subhunting.
A loadout of several bombers with high ASW, one of them at least with ASW 7 and more, for a combined anti-sub/anti-surface approach.
A loadout of one divebomber, one torpedobomber and one fighter for a regular CV-Cut-In for pure anti-surface maps. With a high enough level and at least one plane with 7 and more ASW this loadout is still capable of OASW attacks.
Note: all tests were carried out with Gambier Bay Kai. But i do not think the mechanics will differ between her Base and Kai form.
I've seen you're struggling to get to node Z6. I was stuck there for a while (hard mode) for more than 20 runs and not even passing U node wall at all. Then I tried this comp and out of 5 tries, 4 made it to Z6 (1 Taiha at sub node). U node became a joke after I used this comp.
- Make sure to use a full sparkled support shelling expedition: Sparkling really boosts its trigger rate and accuracy.
- 2CLT + Abukuma/Yura + Maya are a must: those 3 Opening torps make a huge difference at U Node, while AACI Maya is really useful to avoid getting trolled at the following enemy AA raid nodes.
- Cruising Formation at U node: This made a difference for me at U node in terms of accuracy and evasion, so I recommend using Cruising Formation (second formation) there.
- Aim for Air Superiority at U node: your BBs need Artillery spotting there.
- Praise the Spoon: Spoon Formation is a must at both Nighbattle nodes.
- Using torp CI on your DDs might be a bad idea: My Shimakaze is Luck modded, plus Torp CI wont hit Imps most of the time.
- Put AA guns on any reinforcement expansion you have: It will boost Accuracy vs Imps.
- Full Bombers at U node.
- For Z6 I used 2 Bombers 1 Figther and one Figther Bomber: I was aiming at getting some enemy planes shot down to make some of the 4 enemy CVL useless (159/187 bombers shot down with the help of Maya) but I guess full bombers might be better (they can get wiped out tho). Do not aim for Air Superiority at Z6.
THANK YOU so much for this guide! This worked for me on fifth run also (which was actually the only one which got to the Z6).
Two changes I did was:
1. Replaced Shimakaze torpedos to guns as I haven't luck modded her.
2. For LBAS I actually noticed that sending 4 bombers to U-node didn't do any damage in my two first runs so I just sent them to Z6 for the rest of the runs. This worked for me as they sank 4 ships and damaged others.