|Seiyuu||Noto Mamiko ( )||Availability||Construction (LSC)|
|Artist||Kuu Ro Kuro (くーろくろ)||Implementation||2013/12/24|
Type 3 Submergence Transport Vehicle (Submarine)
|Armor||2 (9)||Torpedo||0 (9)|
|- Locked -||-|
|- Locked -||-|
|- Locked -||-|
|- Locked -||-|
|[Edit]Maruyu Equipment Bonuses|
|Type D Kouhyouteki Kai (Kouryuu Kai)||-1||-7|
|Introduction||初めまして…まるゆ着任しました。え？聞いてないって…そんなあ！||Nice to meet you... Maruyu, reporting for duty. Huh? You haven’t heard about it? ...Oh no...!|
|Kai||隊長、もっとまるゆに頑張らせてくださいね。||Sir, please let Maruyu keep working hard.|
|Maruyu isn’t from the Navy shipyards, so I don’t have any friends from home.
I’m a little different from everyone else... I mean, the first thing Kiso-san said to me was “What are you. Can you actually go underwater?”...
I'm starting to wonder if Maruyu can survive out here…
|Maruyu was originally built in Korea before handed to IJN at 2 August 1944.|
The officers of the CL Kiso were thoroughly confused upon seeing Maruyu, inadvertently causing them to ask, "So what are you? Are you seriously a submarine?" The Maruyu crewmen were not amused.
|Secretary 1||まるゆがお荷物持って行きますね。はい、モグラ輸送です。||Maruyu will be carrying your luggage. Yep, we’ll be doing a mole run.||"Mole runs" were the army versions of the "rat runs" performed by Navy destroyers.|
|Kai||隊長までモグラちゃんって言わないでください！||Sir, don’t you call me Mole-chan too!|
|Secretary 2||か、艦娘さんって、怖くないです…か？||I-I shouldn't be afraid...of the Fleet Girls...you say?||The kanmusu, with the exception of Akitsu-maru and Maruyu (Imperial Japanese Army ships), are affiliated with the IJN.|
|Kai||もぐもぐ…はっ、しまった！||Mogu mogu~… Oh, whoops!||"Mogu" is a triple pun, the sound of eating, as well as part of 'mogura' (mole) and 'moguru' (to submerge). In this line it sounds like she's singing the 'mogu mogu'.|
|Secretary 3||嫌っ、そんな目で見ないで下さい！||No! Don’t look at me like that, please!|
|Kai||だから、モグラじゃないですよ！まるゆです！||I told you, It's not 'mole'! My name is Maruyu!|
|Idle||隊長～、まるゆなんか遠巻きに見られる感じなんですよね…なんでかな？||Siiir… I get the feeling people are just looking at me from a distance… Why is that?||Fusou and Yamashiro probably... (Maruyu can be used to modernize Luck)|
|Secretary Married||疲れちゃいましたか？じゃあ、まるゆとまったりしてましょうよ||Oh, are you tired? Why don't you relax with Maruyu?|
|Wedding||たっ…隊長。まるゆのこと…そんなに気にかけてくるなんて…まるゆ、感激です！これからもがんばります！||S..Sir. To care for Maruyu this much... Maruyu is touched! I'll keep on doing my best!|
|Looking At Scores||隊長、報告書ですね。||Sir, here’s the report.|
|Kai||まるゆ、隊長に通信届けます。略して「もぐ通」です…あれ？||Maruyu, delivering a communication to you sir. Otherwise known as “Mole-mail”… Huh?|
|Joining A Fleet||まるゆもご一緒します。||Maruyu will be going along too.|
|Kai||まるゆ、出撃するからね！||Maruyu, moving out!|
|Equipment 1||トリムの調整、お願いしますね。||The trim adjustments too, please.|
|Kai||足が遅いのはどうにもならないのかなぁ…||I wonder if there’s anyway to fix my slow speed…||She moves at 10 knots (19 km/h) when surfaced and 4 knots (7.4 km/h) when submerged|
|Equipment 2||もうモグラだなんて言わせないんだから！||I’m not going to let people call me a mole anymore!|
|Kai||私もあの…「晴嵐」とか…あっ…なんでも…ない…です…||So, um… Could I.. um, get a, um… “Seiran” too… oh…. never mind…|
|Equipment 3||モグラじゃないもん。まるゆだもん！||Don't call me Moley. I'm Maruyu!|
|⇧ shared with expedition selection, resource collection, instant repair and development|
|Supply||これでまた潜れるね！||Now I can go back underwater!|
|Docking Minor||お風呂に入ろ…あ、あれ？おかしいな、体が浮いちゃうよ！？||I’ll go take a bath... H-huh? My body’s floating, why is that!?||In diving trial, she couldn’t dive well.|
|Kai||ちょっとだけ休ませてください。||Please give me a little rest.|
|Docking Major||ふぅ、疲れた…ゆっくりお風呂に…あれ？や、やだ！どんどん沈んじゃう！||Whew, I’m so tired… I’ll just go take a nice bath and… Huh? N-No! I keep on sinking!||And finally, she sunk.|
|Kai||うわぁボロボロだよぉ、隊長からもらった大事な水着だったのに…。||U wa~a it's tattered, although it's the important swimsuit that I got from the captain...|
|Docking Complete||修理、完了です。||The repair is complete.|
|Kai||修理、完了なんです。||The repair, is completed.|
|Construction||新しい艦娘さん、お友達になれるかな？||It’s a new ship daughter. I wonder if we could be friends?|
|Kai||陸軍所属の娘、来てくれないかな…||I wonder if there'll be another Army girl coming...|
|Returning From Sortie||艦隊、帰投したようです。||The fleet seems to have returned.|
|Kai||任務…終了です||That’s the mission… complete.|
|Starting A Sortie||まるゆもきっと、お役に立ちます！||Maruyu can surely be of service!|
|Kai||まるゆ、がんばりまーす！||Maruyu, working hard!|
|Battle Start||そぉれぇ～もぐもぐもぐ…。（潜水音）||Here goooes! Blub blub blub... (Diving sound)|
|Kai||まるゆ、最後までちゃんと運ぶから！||Maruyu will transport it properly to the very end!|
|Kai||まるっとお見とおしだぁ～！||I can see you all the way round!|
|⇧ shared with day/night special attacks, support expedition team arrival|
|Night Battle||皆さんと一緒に！||Together we go!|
|Kai||もぐもぐアタ～～ック！！||Munch munch attaaaack!|
|Night Attack||届いてぇぇぇ～！||Get there!|
|Kai||まるっとお見とおしだぁ～！||I can see you all the way round!||A line from Japanese TV drama "TRICK".|
|MVP||まるゆだって、活躍できるんですよっ！…だれですか？今もぐらって言ったひと。||Maruyu can be amazing too, you know! ...Wait, did someone just call me a mole?|
|Minor Damage 1||よく見つけたわね……！||I see you managed to find me…!|
|Minor Damage 2||ひゃあっ||Hyaa-!|
|Major Damage||うぅ～、まるゆは大丈夫ですから！||Uu-, Maruyu's fine!|
|Sunk||やだ…落ちたくない、おちたくないよぉ…っ||No... I don’t want to go down... I don’t want to...|
|00:00||マルマルマルマル。隊長、就寝の時間です。||0000 hours. Sir, it’s now time to rest.|
|01:00||マルヒトマルマル。隊長が起きてるなら、まるゆもご一緒します。||0100 hours. If you’re staying up sir, so will I.|
|02:00||マルニーマルマル。隊長、明日こそちゃんと潜ってみせますから！||0200 hours. Sir, I'll make sure I'll dive better tomorrow!|
|03:00||マルサンマルマル。みなさんとはどうかって？う…うまくやってるに決まってる…じゃないですか！||0300 hours. How am I doing with everyone else? I… It's fine! Of course it's fine!|
|04:00||マルヨンマルマル。隊長は余計な心配しすぎです。||0400 hours. You worry too much, sir.|
|05:00||マルゴーマルマル。朝になりますね。みなさんを起こしてきますね。||0500 hours. It’s almost morning. I’ll go wake everyone up.|
|06:00||マルロクマルマル。艦娘のみなさん、もうすでに起床していました…ははは…||0600 hours. All the ships were already awake… Ha ha ha…|
|07:00||マルナナマルマル。ではまるゆ、食堂に行ってきますね。||0700 hours. Okay, Maruyu will off to the cafeteria.|
|08:00||マルハチマルマル。はぁ～。目が赤いって、昨日ちゃんと寝てないから…かな？||0800 hours. *Sigh* My eyes are red? That’s… that's just because I didn’t sleep properly last night... I think?|
|09:00||マルキューマルマル。隊長！気を取り直して、進撃しましょう！||0900 hours. Okay, sir! Let’s switch the mood, and march on forward!|
|10:00||ヒトマルマルマル。だから落ち込んでなんかいないですって！||1000 hours. I told you, I’m not sad!|
|11:00||ヒトヒトマルマル。もうすぐ楽しいお昼ですよ～||1100 hours. It’s almost time for a fun lunch!|
|12:00||ヒトニーマルマル。まるゆは、ちょっと潜ってきますね。またランチ後に！||1200 hours. Maruyu’s going to go underwater for a bit. I’ll see you after lunch!|
|13:00||ヒトサンマルマル。うーん、今日の潜航は調子いいなぁ～||1300 hours. Hmm, today’s swim went pretty well!|
|14:00||ヒトヨンマルマル。遅めの昼食いただきま～す。あ、これ、戦闘糧食です！||1400 hours. Having a late lunch. Oh these? These are combat rations!|
|15:00||ヒトゴーマルマル。ふ～ん、隊長はたくさんのお友達がいるんですね。||1500 hours. Huh. I guess you have a lot of friends, sir.|
|16:00||ヒトロクマルマル。まるゆには隊長がいるから大丈夫なんです。||1600 hours. But Maruyu has you, so that’s okay.|
|17:00||ヒトナナマルマル。夕方ですね。まるゆ、ぽつーん。||1700. It’s sunset. And Maruyu’s all alone…|
|18:00||ヒトハチマルマル。えぇ！？まるゆの手料理ですか！？カ、カレーなんて私…||1800. Huh!? You’d like me to cook, sir!? B-but, I'm not sure if I can do curry...|
|19:00||ヒトキューマルマル。カレーとか、作り方わからないし、どうしよう…||1900. Oh, I don’t know how to make curry… What I am going to do…|
|20:00||ニーマルマルマル。あ…あなたは！まるゆに教えてくれるの？ありがとう！||2000. Oh… I-it’s you! You’re going to teach me? Oh, thank you so much!|
|21:00||ニーヒトマルマル。隊長！木曾さんに教えてもらいながら作ったカレーです！||2100. Here is your curry, sir! Kiso-san taught me how!|
|22:00||ニーニーマルマル。美味しかったですね、隊長！||2200. That was good, wasn’t it sir!|
|23:00||ニーサンマルマル。隊長、友達っていいですね！||2300. Sir, friends are nice, aren’t they!|
|Third Anniversary 2016
||(Rough Transcription) 隊長、三周年おめでとうございます！まるゆももぐもぐ嬉しいです。まるゆこれからも頑張ります。||Captain, congratulations on our third anniversary! I, Maruyu will dig out happily. I will do my best from now on.|
|Rainy Season 2016
||隊長、雨の日が続きますね。傘持ってきますね。え？「まるゆはどんな傘が好きか」って？うーむ。あ！大和さんの傘！華やかで、まるゆ、好きです！||Captain, the rain just keeps on pouring, isn't it. I'll go fetch us an umbrella. Eh? "What kind of umbrella does Maruyu likes", you asked? Hmm... Ah! Yamato's umbrella! It's showy; Maruyu love those!||Shown in Fubuki, Ganbarimasu!|
||秋ですね。……隊長、それは？ 枯れ葉を集めて……あっ、焼き芋ですね！ まるゆ、了解です。さつまいも、モグラ輸送で持ってきますね。||It's autumn. ....Sir, what is that? Collecting dried leaves... Ah, baked sweet potatoes! Maruyu, understands. I'll bring sweet potatoes through the mole run.|
||隊長、この鶏肉、おいしいです。カレーにしてもおいしそうです。あ、さすがにクリスマスにカレーはダメですよね？ …え、いい！？ じゃあまるゆカレー、作ってきます！||Sir, this poultry is delicious. It would be good in some curry as well. Ah, I guess curry on Christmas would not work right? Eh, it's alright!? Then I'll go make my Maruyu curry!|
|Fourth Anniversary 2017
||隊長四周年だそうで。本当におめでとうございます!まるゆもまるっとうれしいです！まるゆずっとずっとがんばりますね。||It's the 4th anniversary, Sir. Congratulations. I'm full of happiness! I'll always be doing my best.|
|For new seasonal lines that may be missing here, check Seasonal|
- As a character, she has parted short black hair and brown eyes. She wears a white school swimsuit with a red encircled "yu" painted on her chest as well as a diving mask. Carries a transport container in left hand.
- Much like her fellow IJA shipgirl, Maruyu is poorly-adjusted to life at the naval base, which reflects in her hourlies and various other spoken lines. However, she shows fear rather than curiosity, as she's afraid she'll never be able to make friends with the others, even though as hourlies progress, she manages to make some, in the end.
- Nonetheless, she is a hardworking girl who wants to prove everybody (but especially the Admiral) that she can be of use on the battlefield, despite her cripplingly low statistics.
- Refers to the Admiral as 隊長 (Taichō / Captain).
- Maruyu mentions Kiso a few times in her lines because of a minor incident with the real-life Kiso questioning a Maruyu's ability to submerge. This has ascended in fiction where Maruyu sees Kiso as an older sister figure.
- When used as modernization material, Maruyu can increase Luck stat by 1.2, while Maruyu Kai increases Luck by 1.6. Result will be rounded down after adding random number below 1. You can still increase a maxed-out ship's luck through modernization.
- You should use more than one ship to take advantage of the decimals. The best possible outcome is to use 5 Maruyu Kai, so the result will be a +8 to Luck with no possibility of failure. For more info, see Modernization#Luck.
- Lowest consumption, and lowest hp in the game. Unremodeled form only consumes 5 ammo (remodeled at 10 ammo). This makes her very useful for expeditions. This also makes her very efficient as a tank for farming maps like 3-5B.
- While she is generally useless in battle, she can often be the difference in a victory for difficult maps due to her ability to take shots meant for other subs, as well as having extra ships factoring positively when calculating victory/defeat results ratios that yield B vs C rank.
- She is a very unique submarine because she was designed and operated by the Imperial Japanese Army.
- She calls herself Maruyu. This comes from the circle "〇", which is read as "Maru", and the hiragana character "ゆ" which is read as "yu"(the first Japanese character for the word transport vehicle, her official classification). Also, the character ゆ inside the character 〇 resembles a fish in a fishbowl, fitting for a sub.
- Adds luck when used as a material in modernization. The Kai version will add more luck.
- She is the first ship in the game being a 艇 (Tei) instead of 艦 (Kan).
- She is the first kanmusu in the game that represents a ship class instead of a single vessel. The formal name of these vessels is Type 3 submergence transport vehicle. Originally 400 were planned to be constructed, but ultimately, 38 of them were completed. Of these 38, 5 were lost during the war, and the surviving 33 subs were retired after the war's conclusion and were most likely scrapped.
- She is the vessel with least displacement implemented into the game, and her length is just 47% longer than Type 2 Large-sized Flying Boat or 80% longer than Type A Kouhyouteki. So far, the second smallest implemented submarine in the game, U-511/Ro-500, is double Maruyu's length and triple Maruyu's displacement.
- The freight tube carried by Maruyu in illustrations is in real life a tube-shaped powerless submarine designed by Imperial Japan Navy, and is dragged by other submarine, but never used by Maruyu in history due to it being an invention by Navy instead of Army and Maruyu is too small. The larger tube would be as long as a Maruyu.
☑ Blur NSFW CG ☒ Blur NSFW CG
☑ Blur other damaged CG ☒ Blur other damaged CG
Template:Type 3 Submergence Transport Vehicle