|Seiyuu||Iguchi Yuka ( )||Availability||Construction (Normal, LSC)|
Kaga Class Standard Aircraft Carrier
|Evasion||27 ()||AA||28 (69)|
|04:20:00 (Normal, LSC)||4|
|Type 0 Fighter Model 21||18|
|Type 99 Dive Bomber||18|
|Type 97 Torpedo Bomber||45|
|- Unequipped -||12|
Kaga Class Standard Aircraft Carrier
|Evasion||( )||AA||30 (79)|
|Type 0 Fighter Model 52||20|
|Type 97 Torpedo Bomber||46|
|- Unequipped -||12|
|[Edit]Kaga Kai Equipment Bonuses|
|Reppuu Kai (Prototype Carrier-based Model)||+1||+1|
|Reppuu Kai Ni||+1||+1||+1|
|Reppuu Kai Ni Model E||+1||+1||+2|
|Reppuu Kai Ni Model E (CarDiv 1/Skilled)||+1||+2||+2|
|Type 97 Torpedo Bomber (Murata Squadron)||+2|
|Tenzan Model 12 (Murata Squadron)||+2|
|Ryuusei Kai (CarDiv 1)||+1|
|Ryuusei Kai (CarDiv 1/Skilled)||+2|
|Type 2 Reconnaissance Aircraft||(★2-3)||+1|
|Introduction||航空母艦、加賀です。あなたが私の提督なの？それなりに期待はしているわ。||I'm aircraft carrier Kaga. Are you my Admiral?... I have fairly high expectations of you.|
|I, Kaga, was built as the third ship of the eight-eight fleet.|
After being played by fate, time after time, I was completed as a large aircraft carrier.
Along with Akagi-san, we are main force of the glorious first air carrier division.
|Kaga was originally intended to be built as a Tosa-class battleship, although the construction was halted by Washington treaty in 1921. Kaga was set to be scrapped for metal required to convert Akagi and Amagi from battlecruisers into carriers. During construction Amagi was damaged beyond repair in the great Kanto Earthquake (1923) and Kaga took her place for conversion.|
|Secretary 1||何か相談？いいけれど。||Is there something to consult with me about? It's alright.|
|Secretary 2||私の顔に、何かついていて？||Is there something on my face?|
|Secretary 3||飛行甲板はデリケートだから、余り触らないで頂けますか。||My flight deck is delicate, so please don't touch it too much.|
|Kai||私の格納庫に何か御用？ そう…んっ…大概にしてほしいものね。||Is there something wrong with my aircraft hangar? I see... hn... I'd appreciate it if you don't overdo it.|
|Idle||……あの、…いえ、 なんでもないわ。||...Umm, nevermind, it's nothing.|
|Kai||五航戦･･･、あなたたちも練度をあげているというの？ そう、良いでしょう。見せていただきます、実戦で。||CarDiv 5, have you improved your skill? Really? Very well. You shall demonstrate it, in actual combat.|
|Secretary Married||まぁ、私も認めてはいます。||Well, I'll approve of this too.|
|Wedding||私…感情表現が…その…。提督…私…これでも今、とっても幸せなのですけれど…||My... emotional expression is... well.... Admiral... I... even right now, feel extremely happy though...|
|Looking At Scores||作戦司令部より連絡よ。||Message from the headquarters.|
|Joining A Fleet||ここは譲れません。||I will not give up here.|
|Equipment 1||やりました。||I did it.|
|Equipment 2||そうね、この強化は、いい判断ね。||Yes, this enhancement is a great decision.||Historically, Kaga was modernized in 1935.|
|Equipment 3||いい装備ね、さすがに気分が高揚します。||This is great equipment, truly exhilarating.|
|⇧ shared with expedition selection, resource collection, instant repair and development|
|Supply||補給は大事。||Resupplying is important.|
|Docking Minor||修復に入らせていただきます。||I will enter into repairs.|
|Docking Major||このダメージは完治に少し時間がかかるわ。ごめんなさいね。||It'll take some time to repair this damage. I'm sorry.|
|Docking Complete||修理完了した艦が在るわ。||There is a completely repaired ship.|
|Kai||修理完了よ。よかったわね。||Repairs are finished. How nice.|
|Construction||新しい艦が完成したみたい。||It looks like a new ship has finished constructing.|
|Kai||新造艦ね、戦力になるといいけれど。||A new ship has finished construction, but is it powerful?|
|Returning From Sortie||作戦終了。艦隊が帰投します。||Operation completed, the fleet has returned.|
|Starting A Sortie||一航戦、出撃します。||1st Carrier Division, sortie.|
|Battle Start||五航戦の子なんかと一緒にしないで。||Don't put me together with 5th Carrier Division's kids.||By "kids" she refers to their air wings rather than the 5th Division's ships themselves; historically 1st Carrier Div's crew looked down upon 5th Div's (Shoukaku and Zuikaku) as they were newly grouped during the early stage of WW2.|
|Air Battle||ここは譲れません。||I will not give up here.|
|Attack||鎧袖一触よ。心配いらないわ。||It's a piece of cake. Nothing to worry about.||While planning for Operation MI (Midway), the possibility of an American carrier attack was raised. 1st Carrier Div's air officer, Genda Minoru, replied with this quote.|
|⇧ shared with day/night special attacks, support expedition team arrival|
|Night Battle||みんな優秀な子達ですから。||They're all excellent kids after all.||Likely to be referring to her pilots. The 1st CarDiv's pilots are well-renowned for their high proficiency before and during the start of the war.|
|MVP||良い作戦指揮でした。こんな艦隊なら、また一緒に出撃したいものです。||That was an excellent battle strategy. With this kind of fleet, I'll look forward to sortieing with them again.|
|Minor Damage 1||頭にきました。||Now you've done it.|
|Minor Damage 2||甲板に火の手が。…そんな。||The deck is on fire... That can't...|
|Kai||赤城さん..貴女を残して沈む訳にはいかないわ...||Akagi, I won't leave you behind by sinking.|
|Major Damage||飛行甲板に直撃。そんな…馬鹿な。||A direct hit on the flight deck... That's...impossible.|
|Sunk||赤城さん…あなたが無事ならいいの…先に逝って…待っているわね…||Akagi-san, If you're safe then it's fine... I'm going first... I will be waiting for your return...||Kaga historically sunk one day before Akagi.|
Hourly Notifications (Kai)Edit
|00:00||深夜零時…||Midnight at 0000 hours...|
|01:00||マルヒトマルマル…静かね。||0100 hours...it's quiet.|
|02:00||マルフタマルマル…丑三つ時ね。||0200 hours...hour of ushimitsu.||Old Japanese terms for timekeeping, roughly means 2~2:30 in the morning|
|03:00||マルサンマルマル…何？何も出なかったわ。||0300 hours...what? Nothing's showing up.||In Japan, it's said that ghost or youkai appear during the hour of ushimitsu,|
|04:00||マルヨンマルマル…夜明け前が一番眠い。||0400 hours...always the most sleepy before dawn.|
|05:00||マルゴーマルマル…朝ね。||0500 hours...it's morning.|
|06:00||マルロクマルマル…赤城さんは起きた？…そう…||0600 hours...Akagi-san woke up? ...Is that so...|
|07:00||マルナナマルマル…提督、朝食の支度が出来ています。||0700 hours...Admiral, preparation for breakfast is ready.|
|08:00||マルハチマルマル…そろそろ作戦行動ね。||0800 hours...it is time for combat operations.|
|09:00||マルキュウマルマル…一航戦の出番というわけね。||0900 hours...It's the First Carrier Division's turn, huh.|
|10:00||ヒトマルマルマル…赤城さんは…あぁ、なんでもないわ。||1000 hours...Akagi-san is...oh, it's nothing.|
|11:00||ヒトヒトマルマル…演習は十分なの？…そう…||1100 hours...completed enough combat drills?...Is that so...|
|12:00||ヒトフタマルマル…正午です。昼食ね。||1200 hours...Its midday. Lunchtime.|
|13:00||ヒトサンマルマル…昼食後は流石に眠くなります。||1300 hours...getting sleepy as expected after lunch.|
|14:00||ヒトヨンマルマル…あぁ、あの海域ですか？鎧袖一触です。||1400 hours...that part of the sea huh? We will crush them with ease.||1st CarDiv Air Officer Minoru Genda said this (gaishu isshoku!) after the Midway war games when Yamamoto asked what would happen if American carriers were to appear at Midway on day 1. Both question and answer were empty face-saving gestures.|
|15:00||ヒトゴーマルマル…あの子たちでは無理でしょう…私達が出ないと。||1500 hours...those girls probably can't do it...we have to show up.||Shoukaku and Zuikaku's strike group ran into fierce American air cover in the Coral sea, leaving many planes damaged and nonoperational.|
|16:00||ヒトロクマルマル…そう、あの子達もなかなかやるのね。||1600 hours...is that so, guess those girls aren't doing too bad.||Around the time when the Lexington exploded from uncontrolled fire and had to be scuttled. Lexington was sunk by the 5th CarDiv, and it is said that the crew of the 1st CarDiv commented "Even the concubinage's kids can do it, huh?" (妾の子でもできたんだから).|
|17:00||ヒトナナマルマル、そろそろ日没です。艦載機を収容しましょう。||1700 hours...The sun is about to set. Let's secure the aircraft.|
|18:00||ヒトハチマルマル…提督、本日の任務、お疲れ様でした。||1800 hours...thank you Admiral, you have worked hard for today's mission.|
|19:00||ヒトキュウマルマル…夕食の時間です、今日は肉じゃが。いいですね、気分が高揚します。||1900 hours...time for dinner, today's nikujaga is great, it is exhilarating.||Niku(meat)jaga(short for jagaimo=potato) is a traditional Japanese stew, which was allegedly invented by chefs of the Imperial Japanese Navy in the late 19th century, after Admiral Togou Heihachirou returned from his studying in England, and wanted to replicate the beef stew he had in there. The chef had no idea what a beef stew was, so he tried to use Japanese ingredients to match Togou's description, resulted in the invention.|
|20:00||フタマルマルマル…少し、赤城さんの所へ行ってきます。||2000 hours...heading off to Akagi-san's place for a bit.|
|21:00||フタヒトマルマル…ふぅ…戻りました。なんでもありません。||2100 hours...phew...I am back. Nothing happened.|
|22:00||フタフタヒトマル…夜戦…ですか…？お断りします。||2200 hours...night battle...you say? I shall refuse.||For some reason she actually said 2210 hours. Between fans (esp. Japanese) of Kancolle, "having a night battle with a ship girl" is a implicit way to describe having sex with her. Kaga probably took the invitation (presumably from the admiral, aka the player) literally, and refused due to the fact that carriers cannot operate at night.|
Alternative: The line just refers to Sendai like many other shipgirls talking in their hourly lines to or over Sendai around the same time.
|23:00||フタサンマルマル…本日は良い一日でした。明日もそうありたいものです。||2300 hours...Today was a great day. I shall be thankful if tomorrow will be the same.|
| End of Year 2014||アニメでは、私も相当活躍すると聞いています。さすがに気分が高揚します。||I hear I'll play an active part in anime. AS expected, the feeling is exhilarating.|
| Rainy Season 2015||雨…この季節は、何かあまり好きではないわ。え、赤城さんも？そう。いいえ、何でもないわ。||Rain... I am not very fond of this time of year. You too, Akagi-san? I see. No, it's nothing.|
| Early Summer 2015||夏はあまり好きではないわ。海？いってらっしゃい。||I am not too fond of the summer. The sea? Have fun.|
| Christmas 2015||メリークリスマスか…いいけれど。提督、赤城さん見かけませんでした？…そう。||Merry Christmas...? Fair enough. Admiral, have you seen Akagi? I see...|
| End of Year 2015||師走、早いものね。あ、赤城さん、え？年越しそば作り？わかりました、お手伝いします。||December. It came so fast, didn't it? Ah, Akagi-san. Eh? We're making Toshikoshi Soba? Very well. I shall assist you.||Toshikoshi Soba is an occasional soba eaten during New Year's Eve.|
| New Year 2016||提督、赤城さん、あけましておめでとう。本年もどうぞよろしく。||Admiral, Akagi, Happy New Year. Pleased to be on your care for this year.|
| Setsubun 2016||痛い。豆？ そう、節分の……って私に当てた子は誰？ そう……。||Ow. Beans? I see, it's Setsubun. Then, who was the one who threw it at me? I see...|
| Valentines Day 2016||提督、甘いものがお好きでしたら、これを・・・いえ、意味はありません。||Admiral, if you like sweets, have this. No, there is no meaning to it.|
| White Day 2016||これは？お返しですか？そうですか。いただきます。||This is? A return gift? I see. I'll accept it.|
| Third Anniversary 2016||三周年、やりました。これは流石に気分が高揚します。今日はお酒をいただきましょう。提督もご一緒にいかがですか？||The third anniversary is here. Truly, this gives me such an exhilarating feeling. Let's celebrate it with sake. Would you like to join me, admiral?|
|For new seasonal lines that may be missing here, check Seasonal|
- Kaga has long brown hair, usually done in a side ponytail. She is typically seen wearing a muneate over white and blue clothes along with a bow and arrow. Her flight decks (one covering her left arm and another shorter one hanging around her waist) feature a katakana カ (ka) written on the aft part of each of them. This refers to how her identification mark was painted historically.
- Kaga is a very serious woman with a no-nonsense attitude. She speaks with very little emotion and enthusiasm most of the time, and she keeps words to herself more often than not. Underneath her usual facade, however, there are instances in which a more caring and gentle personality makes itself more apparent. The reason for her usual stoic nature is not expanded on, however.
- Her contrast with Akagi, her usual companion, offsets the playful and more easygoing personality that Akagi usually lets on. However, it can be said that due to the contrast and that Akagi lets her emotions show more often, Akagi's diligence and sincerity is more apparent than that of Kaga's though they both possess that quality.
- Kaga's less stoic side is often seen near Akagi, indicating that Kaga does not open up very much even around people she considers close friends but that she does, can, and will open up with people she trusts and loves.
- She appears to be somewhat prideful, hinted at in her relationship with the Fifth Carrier Division. She refuses to outright admit being on a similar, let alone equal, level with the girls of the Fifth Carrier Division and tends to emphasize her position in the First Carrier Division, and the First Carrier Division itself as a whole in relation to the Fifth, as one of great importance. However, this trait does not manifest outside of her relations with the Fifth Carrier Division, so it is entirely possible that it is limited to them.
- Interactions with others indicate that Kaga is polite, respectful, considerate, and mindful of other individuals at almost all times if not all times. She possesses an air of formality and professionalism that few of the other girls could possibly imitate.
- Named after the Kaga Province which is now part of the Ishikawa Prefecture in modern-day Japan.
- Exploded and sunk after being heavily damaged by dive bombers from USS Enterprise at the Battle of Midway, 4 June 1942, while some survivors suggest that she was scuttled by destroyer Hagikaze. The two squadrons from Enterprise were supposed to attack Akagi and Kaga; however due to a communication error, they both attacked Kaga while only 3 broke off to bomb Akagi.
- Her damaged CG shows a similar hit to the one that her real-life counterpart suffered.
- Piece of wreckage located in September 1999 was identified as belonging to Kaga in February 2000. It consists of an AA gun tub and a landing light array.
- Originally designed as a Tosa-class Battleship, she was converted into a carrier after the signing of the Washington Naval Treaty in 1921.
- On 27th August 2015, her namesake was passed down to a newly-launched Izumo-class Helicopter Carrier (DDH-184) in the JMSDF in 2015. To commemorate her launching, Kagamisaki could be played on the jukebox free of charge until the end of Summer 2015 Event.
- Kaga depicted in her modern JMSDF form became a popular topic of illustrations among fans, and remains so, swapping her airplanes with helicopters, and her regular bow with modern equivalents, such as a scoped composite bow, while her attire largely remained the same, with a few modifications.
- The Kancolle likeness of Kaga, along with Inazuma and Suzutsuki appears to have been made into mascots of their namesakes by their crews, seen in various visual guides inside the ships. This was seen in their Southeast Asian Deployment billboards where the trio visited Indonesia, Singapore and the Philippines, among others.
|Kaga Class Standard Carriers|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.