|Seiyuu||Hashimoto Chinami ( )||Availability||Event Reward|
|Artist||Shizuma Yoshinori (しずまよしのり)||Implementation||2016/05/03|
Iowa Class Fast Battleship
|Evasion||34 ()||AA||70 (96)|
|16inch Triple Gun Mount Mk.7||4|
|5inch Twin Gun Mount Mk.28 mod.2||4|
|- Unequipped -||4|
|- Unequipped -||4|
Iowa Class Fast Battleship
|Evasion||( )||AA||82 (120)|
|16inch Triple Gun Mount Mk.7||4|
|5inch Twin Gun Mount Mk.28 mod.2||4|
|Bofors 40mm Quadruple Autocannon Mount||4|
|[Edit]Iowa Equipment Bonuses|
|5inch Single High-angle Gun Mount Battery||+1||+1||+1|
|16inch Triple Gun Mount Mk.6||(★0-5)||+1|
|16inch Triple Gun Mount Mk.6 mod.2||(★0-5)||+1|
|SG Radar (Initial Model)||+2||+4||+3|
|SK + SG Radar||+2||+2||+2||+3|
|Introduction||Hi！MeがIowa級戦艦、Iowaよ。Youがこの艦隊のAdmiralなの？いいじゃない！私たちのこともよろしく！||Hi! I am the Iowa-class battleship, Iowa. You are the Admiral of this fleet? Not bad! Take care of us too!||The use of me in this way probably originated from Bonin English which were once used by many earlier Japanese works to signify someone who came from the West.|
|Kai||Hi！Iowa級戦艦、Iowaよ。Admiral,調子はどう？ OK? さあ、今日もがんばりましょう！ Go Go!||Hi! I am the Iowa-class battleship, Iowa. Admiral, how are you doing? Ok? Let's do our best today too!|
|Library||Hi！Iowa級戦艦Name Ship、Iowaよ。高速戦艦で、この重兵装。Battle Shipの最終形ともいえる完成度。USAが生んだ最後の戦艦級として、この艦隊でも頑張るわ。よろしくね！||Hi! This is Iowa, name ship of the Iowa-class battleships. Although I am a high-speed battleship, I am heavily armed, and could be said to be the penultimate form of battleships. As the last of the battleship classes born in the USA, I will work hard in this fleet. Nice to meet you!|
|Secretary 1||Did you call me?|
|Secretary 2||Sortie? ふふ…いいわよ。||Sortie? Hm... sounds good.|
|Secretary 3||This is not a drill! I repeat, this is not a drill! って、Admiral!?||This is not a drill. I repeat, This is not a drill! Hey, Admiral!?||This is a reference to the famous message sent from Ford Island during the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor: "Air raid, Pearl Harbor. This is not a drill."|
Also, this might be reference to an incident during her trip, in which she brought President Roosevelt to Tehran, then during a training session, destroyer USS William D. Porter accidentally released a torpedo towards Iowa, and one radioman shouted: "Torpedo to starboard. This is not a drill...". Iowa was fast enough to avoid the torpedo.
|Idle||これが、ニッポンのfleetかぁ。Ohh あのbattleship, bridgeがunique! 気に入ったわ。Hey! Hey you!||This is Japanese fleet huh... Ohh! That battleship has a unique bridge. I like her. Hey! Hey you!||It seems Iowa talks about one of Fusou-class battleships.|
|Secretary Married||Admiral? Why? Tired? OK、少し寝たらいいんじゃない？ いいわよ、別に。||Admiral? Why? Tired? OK, it's alright for you to take a quick sleep, yeah? It's fine, I don't mind.|
|Wedding||What? アドミラール、そのリングは？ …Engage Ring? Meに…? Thank you… me too…||What? Admiral, what's this ring? An engagement ring? For me...? Thank you... me too...|
|Looking At Scores||Information Check? OK!|
|Joining A Fleet||BB-61 Iowa、出撃する！ Sally Go!||BB-61 Iowa, Sortieing! Sally Go!|
|Equipment 1||Oh great! いいわね～これ！||Oh great! This here is pre~tty nice|
|Kai||Battleshipはこうでないとね！いいわ！||A battleship is gotta be it! So nice.|
|Equipment 2||Good job, Admiral!|
|Kai||Harpoon? ん～…悪くないけど… まだ早くない？ あり…かな？||Harpoon? Ehhh... that's not bad but... isn't it too early? That's okay... right?||The Harpoon anti-ship missile system was installed in Iowa during her 1982 refit.|
|Equipment 3||Oh yeah!|
|⇧ shared with expedition selection, resource collection, instant repair and development|
|Supply||Supply? Thank you!|
|Docking Minor||ちょっとRepairさせて…Shower浴びるわ。||Let me have some quick repairs... I'll go take a shower.|
|Docking Major||Oh shit… ニッポンの高性能Bathにお世話になるしかないわね…||Oh shit...guess I'll have to leave it to Japan's highly-effective baths...|
|Construction||OK! 新艦のBuilding完了よ。 新しいFriends楽しみね。||OK! The construction of the new ship is completed. I'm excited to meet some new friends!|
|Returning From Sortie||Operationが完了したわ。||Operation complete!|
|Starting A Sortie||Battleship Iowa, Weigh Anchor!|
|Battle Start||さぁ、私の火力見せてあげるわ… Open fire!||Now, time to show you my firepower! Open Fire!|
|Attack||Fire! Fire! アッハッハ！ いける！いけるわ！||Fire! Fire! Ahahaha! Let's go! Yeah!|
|Kai||まだまだBattle Shipの時代は終わらないわ、見てなさい。Fire！||If you think battleships are outdated, watch this. Fire!|
|⇧ shared with day/night special attacks, support expedition team arrival|
|Night Battle||Meは高速戦艦、逃しはしない… Night Battle はじめましょう！||I'm a fast battleship, so don't think you can get away. Let's get this night battle started!|
|Night Attack||Nameshipは伊達じゃないのよ。うっふふ。やっちゃうからね。||The lead ship isn't some showboat, y'know. Fufu, let's do this!|
|MVP||IowaがMost Valuable!? Really? Thanks! （Chu♥）||Iowa is the most valuable!? Really? Thanks! (kiss♥)|
|Minor Damage 1||Ahhh! Ouch!|
|Minor Damage 2||Oh shit! Uh...|
|Major Damage||Ouch! やってくれたわね…必ずお返しするんだから…必ずよ！||Ouch! You've done it now... I'll pay this back for sure... for sure, damn it!|
|Sunk||Oh my god…meがlost…? 水も…意識も…Admiral…||Oh my god... I lost...? The water is... My consciousness is... Admiral...|
Hourly Notifications (Kai)
|00:00||今日はMeが秘書艦をやってあげるわ。All OK? ふっふーん、任せておいて。||Today, I'll become the secretary-ship. All OK? Fufuun, leave it to me.|
|01:00||It's one o'clock. OK?||It's one o'clock. OK?|
|02:00||Two o'clock now. これでいい？||Two o'clock now. Is this OK?|
|03:00||It's three o'clock now. 眠いわね。||It's three o'clock now. I'm sleepy.|
|04:00||Four o'clock now. もうすぐ朝、ふゎぁ、Admiral,起きてる？||Four o'clock now. It's soon morning, (yawn) Admiral, are you awake?|
|05:00||Good morning! It's 5 o'clock!||Good morning! It's 5 o'clock!|
|06:00||6 o'clock! Admiral、 morningはscrambleでいい？あ、Coffeeは自分でとってね！OK?||6 o'clock! Admiral, for your morning is scramble eggs fine? Ah, please get the coffee yourself! OK?|
|07:00||7 o'clock! さあ、朝の仕事を始めましょうか！何からやる？||7 o'clock! Alright, let's start our morning work! What do you want to do first?|
|08:00||It's 8 o'clock. さあ、まずは演習から行きましょう。Go!Go!||It's 8 o'clock. Alright, let's start with the fleet exercises. Go! Go!|
|09:00||9 o'clock! フゥ、午前の仕事はこんなとこかな？OK?||9 o'clock! Phew, this should be all our morning work, right? OK?|
|10:00||10 o'clock! え！？まだまだ午前中の仕事をするの？ニッポンのFleetは仕事熱心ね…||10 o'clock! What!? You're still going to work? Japan's fleets are very hardworking...|
|11:00||It's 11 o'clock! Admiral lunchはどうするの？え？Steak!付き合うわよ！||It's 11 o'clock! Admiral, what are we having for lunch? What? Steak! I'll tag along!|
|12:00||It is noon! さあ、ゆっくりlunchを楽しみましょう！||It is noon! Alright, let's leisurely enjoy our lunch!|
|13:00||マミヤrestaurantね…噂は聞いてるわ。Oooh!これがJapanese traditional lunch? Great! いただくわ！||Mamiya restaurant huh... I've heard rumors. Oooh! So this is a Japanese traditional lunch? Great! I'll dig in!|
|14:00||そうね…すこしVolumeは少ないけど、日本の伝統的なlunchは悪くないわ。Healthyなところも良いわね！あ！今は2 o'clockよ、忘れてたわ。||Yeah... The portions are a little small, but Japanese traditional lunches are not bad. The fact that it's healthy is good too! Ah! It's 2 o'clock now, I forgot.|
|15:00||3 o'clock! Hey! ヤマート！今度ガチでやりあいたいわね！もちろん演習で、ね！Drillよdrill！||3 o'clock! Hey! Yamato! Let's have it out for real next time! Of course, during an exercise! It's a drill OK, a drill!|
|16:00||4 o… Ooooh! Kongou sisters!日本の高速戦艦はとってもprettyね！ほ？ Kirishima何怒ってんの？ Why?||4 o... Ooooh! The Kongou sisters! Japan's fast battleships are really pretty! Wha? Kirishima, why are you angry? Why?||Kirishima misidentified Iowa for either South Dakota or Washington.|
|17:00||It's 5 o'clock.日本の夕日もbeautiful! Admiral,素敵ね！||It's 5 o'clock. Japan's sunsets are also beautiful! Admiral, it's wonderful!|
|18:00||It's 6 o'clock! Admiral? Dinnerはどうしようか？Oooh!?ヤマートが？それは楽しみ！行きましょう！||It's 6 o'clock! Admiral? What are we going to have for dinner? Oooh!? Yamato will? I'm excited for that! Let's go!|
|19:00||7 o'clock. ヤマート、夕食へのinvitationありがとう！ヤマートhotelのdinnerいただくわ！||7 o'clock. Yamato, thanks for the invitation for dinner! Yamato Hotel's dinner, I shall dig in!|
|20:00||8 o'clock.ヤマートhotel、dinner greatよ！あれ？ほめてるのよ？ヤマート、why?||8 o'clock. Yamato hotel's dinner was great! Huh? But I'm praising you? Why?||Yamato probably took offense at the "hotel" moniker instead...|
|21:00||9 o'clock! ああ、そうゆうこと、何言ってるのヤマート？あなたは偉大なbattleshipよ！美しいわ！||9 o'clock! Oh, so that's what it was. What are you saying, Yamato? You are a great battleship! You're beautiful!|
|22:00||It's 10 o'clock! Admiral今日も頑張ったわね！Great!||It's 10 o'clock! Admiral, we did well today! Great!|
|23:00||11 o'clock! さあ、今日はもう休みましょう！Good Night!||11 o'clock! Alright, let's rest already today! Good night!|
|Rainy Season 2016
||Rainが多いわね、このseason。「ツーユー」って言うの？ あなたのため？ romanticな季節ね。さすが二ッポーンだわ。||It's raining all day today. It's called "Two-you"? As in, "To You"? What a romantic season. That's Japan for you.||She may be misunderstanding 'つーゆー' （Tsuu yuu) for 'to you'. But, 'あなたのため' would usually be translated as 'for you'.|
||ニッポンのAutumn、か…んぐ…んぐ…ぷっはぁ！ Beerが美味しいじゃない♪ え、秋用のBeerもあるの？ ニッポン…恐るべし、ね。||It's Japan's fall... (gulp) (gulp) puhaa! The beer is good♪ What, there is seasonal beer for fall? Japan... you can't underestimate it, huh.|
||Sanma? What? なんでsanma?… Fishing… support? Grand fleetって、大変なのね。||Saury? What? Why saury?... Fishing... support? The Combined Fleet have it rough.|
|New Year 2017
||A happy new year. Admiral, 今年もよろしく頼むわね。||A happy new year. Admiral,I'll be counting on you again this year.|
||What? セッツブーン…なにそれ？いや、知らないけど…||What? Se-tsu-bun? What's that? Naw, I don't know anything about it....|
|Valentines Day 2017
||Why? なんでみんなchocolateを作っているの？ Valentineだから？ えっ、なんで？||Why? Why are all of you making chocolate? Because it's Valentines? Eh, but why?||Japanese Valentine's Day differs from the American one as it is the girls who give out chocolate to boys instead of the opposite in many Western countries, explaining Iowa's confusion over the kanmusu making chocolate. The favor is returned on White Day, one month later.|
|White Day 2017
||White Day？ 何が白いの？ クッキー？ Admiral, Why？ いや…頂くけど…。||White Day? ... What's 'white' about it? Cookies? Admiral, why? Uh, no... I'll gladly accept it, though...|
||Great! Cherry blossom, beautiful! いいわね！気に入ったわ！オハナミ？興味あるわ！||Great! The cherry blossoms are beautiful! This is good! I like it! Flower viewing? I'm interested!|
|Fourth Anniversary 2017
||Admiral、4th memorial seasonね。おめでとう！Great! New seasonもmeとUSS Shipをよろしくね！||Admiral, it's the 4th memorial season. Congratulations! Great! The other US ships and I will be in your care in the new season!|
|Early Summer 2017
||日本の夏は暑いわね~。大和、どうしたの？…Summer holiday？水着？へ〜||Japanese summers sure are hot... Yamato, what are you doing? ...having a summer holiday? In a swimsuit? Eh?|
|For new seasonal lines that may be missing here, check Seasonal|
- Iowa has long blonde hair and blue eyes with star-shaped pupils (as the typical American stereotype). She wears an outfit reminiscent of women featured on World War II American Navy pin-up posters and a pair of American flag-patterned leggings. The coloration of her costume also closely resembles the paint scheme of the real Iowa's deck.
- The design on the belt buckle of Iowa's normal art, and on the obi (sash) of her New Year's art, is the insignia for US Navy Officers signifying that a person is a senior or flag officer. The insignia is typically worn as a gold emblem in front of an officer's cap.
- Iowa is portrayed as a playful American girl who uses a bilingual pattern of speech, similar to Kongou, albeit with much heavier inclusion of English words and expressions. The bilingual pattern of speech is seen by Japanese community as resembling the Lou language used by Lou Oshiba.
- Takes great pride in being an American battleship and is not at all shy about demonstrating her firepower, as evident in her quotes.
- She's shown being good natured towards other Japanese ships with a friendly rivalry with Yamato, though she appears to be unaware that "Hotel" isn't a flattering nickname for the latter.
- Spring 2016 Event E-7 Clear Reward.
- Iowa is obtainable in the PlayStation Vita game KanColle Kai by clearing the game on "乙" (Otsu/Hard) difficulty or higher (note the game's difficulty system is translated differently in Vita game compare to the browser).
- When she was first introduced in the browser game, her maximum stat (along with Kamikaze's) in her pre-Kai form may increase beyond her predetermined stat cap if she had been modernized beforehand. The extra maximum stats has been removed on 13th May 2016 in-event maintenance.
- Winter 2018 Event/E-7 Drop Node X.
- Named after the US state.
- Iowa is the first US Navy ship introduced in Kantai Collection, initially appearing in the PS Vita game KanColle Kai before the PC version. She was introduced in the original PC browser game in the Spring 2016 Event as a reward for clearing E-7, the final map of that event.
- Laid down on the 27th of June, 1940 at New York Naval Yard in Brooklyn, New York.
- Launched on August 27th, 1942, to much fanfare and publicity, as shown in newsreels. This in sharp contrast to Yamato, whose launch was conducted in much secrecy.
- Commissioned on February 22, 1943.
- Compared to other ships who were either sunk, scuttled, shipwrecked, or sold for scrap, Iowa is the game's first personification of a currently intact and floating ship. Her historical counterpart was dismissed from active service in 1990 and is currently docked in the Port of Los Angeles as a museum ship. The other one is fellow compatriot ship Intrepid.
- On August 27, 1943 USS Iowa (BB-61) got underway for Argentia, Newfoundland, to counter the threat of the German battleship Tirpitz, but was returned to the United States for maintenance on October 25.
- During Operation Hailstone on February 19th, 1944, USS Iowa (BB-61) along with her sister ship USS New Jersey (BB-62) fired upon and sank the Japanese training cruiser Katori.
- In some fan materials, this manifests as Katori being fearful or vengeful towards her, though attempts at vengeance end up failing, often with humorous results.
- Following World War II, she was decommissioned in early 1949, then recommissioned in 1951 for Korean War service. She was again decommissioned in 1958, before once again being recommissioned as part of Ronald Regan's "500 Ship" plan, then decommissioned for the final time in 1990. After languishing for years as part of the mothball fleet in Suisun Bay near Fairfield, California, she became a museum ship in San Pedro, California in 2012.
- She earned the nicknames "The Big Stick" and "The Grey Ghost", due to her reputation in destroying North Korean gun positions off the Korean coast.
☑ Blur NSFW CG ☒ Blur NSFW CG
☑ Blur other damaged CG ☒ Blur other damaged CG