|Seiyuu||Suzaki Aya ( )||Availability||Construction (Normal)|
Houshou Class Light Carrier
|Evasion||24 ()||AA||10 (29)|
|Type 99 Dive Bomber||8|
|- Unequipped -||11|
|- Locked -||-|
|- Locked -||-|
Houshou Class Light Carrier
|Evasion||( )||AA||15 (39)|
|Type 0 Fighter Model 52||14|
|Type 97 Torpedo Bomber||16|
|- Unequipped -||12|
|- Locked -||-|
|[Edit]Houshou Equipment Bonuses|
|Type 96 Fighter||+1||+1||+1||+2|
|Type 96 Fighter Kai||+1||+3||+2||+3|
|Type 2 Reconnaissance Aircraft||(★2-3)||+1|
|Introduction||航空母艦「鳳翔」です。不束者ですが、よろしくお願いいたします||Aircraft carrier, Houshou. Although I'm inexperienced, I look forward to your guidance.||The latter part was a common greeting when a bride greets her new husband (esp. back in the days when woman walked three steps behind her man).|
|I am aircraft carrier Houshou.|
Built as CV from the beginning, I'm the world's first aircraft carrier.
I am a petite ship, but I'll do my best.
|Secretary 1||よい風ですね||Pleasant wind, isn't it?|
|Kai||お茶にしましょうか||Shall we have some tea?||Probably green tea. Don't fight with Kongou.|
|Secretary 2||お茶にしましょうか||Shall we have some tea?||See above.|
|Kai||お疲れ様です。お風呂にしますか？御飯にしますか？それとも…ふふっ、冗談ですよ||Thank you for your hard work. Should I prepare the bath? Or dinner? Or... hehe, just kidding.||Stereotypical line of an old-fashioned "good housewife". The third option is usually, well, you know.
|Secretary 3||お疲れ様です。お風呂にしますか？御飯にしますか？それとも…ふふっ、冗談ですよ||Thank you for your hard work. Should I prepare the bath? Or dinner? Or... hehe, just kidding.||See above.|
|Kai||私の夢ですか？ そうですねぇ、いつか二人で小さなお店でも開きたいですね…って、あらやだ、ごめんなさい。忘れてください。||My dream? Well... I'd like to open a little restaurant someday with you... Oh, what am I saying! Sorry, please forget it.||Her remodeled line says she'd like to open a new restaurant, but according to Chitose's hourly notification at 19:00, it seems that she has already run one...|
|Idle (Kai)||提督、私ここに控えていますので、御用があればいつでも仰ってくださいね。||Admiral, I'll stay here, so please tell me to support you whenever you need my help.|
|Secretary Married||提督、何時もお疲れ様です。時には、ゆっくりお休みになってください||Admiral, thank you for your long service. Occasionally, take a relaxing break please.|
|Wedding||いつか…いつかふたりで、のんびりと船旅を楽しみたいものですね||Someday... Someday, with just the two of us, I would like to take a laid-back sea cruise together.|
|Looking At Scores||提督にお知らせが届いていますね||There's a message for you, Admiral.|
|Joining A Fleet||実戦ですか…致し方ありませんね||Actual combat...? I guess that's inevitable.||She didn't participate in actual naval battles until the end of WW2, because she was used only for drill maneuvers.|
|Equipment 1||すみません、私の武装を強化してくれるなんて。||I'm sorry, for you to be strengthening my armaments is...|
|Equipment 2||私には…少し大げさではないでしょうか？||Isn't this too... fancy for me?|
|Equipment 3||大丈夫ね||All right!|
|⇧ shared with expedition selection, resource collection, instant repair and development|
|Supply||すみません、私の武装を強化してくれるなんて。||I'm sorry, for you to be strengthening my armaments is...|
|Kai||提督、ありがとうございます。||Admiral, thank you very much.|
|Docking Minor||そうですね、少しだけお休みします。||Yes, I'll take a little rest.|
|Docking Major||私が無茶しては、ダメですね。||I shouldn't be the one acting recklessly.||Since she's the mother of all aircraft carriers in IJN|
|Docking Complete||お洋服の修繕が終わった娘がいるみたいね。||A girl with fixed outfit has returned.|
|Construction||新しい子たちが来るみたいね||It looks like a new girl is here!|
|Returning From Sortie||お疲れ様でした、艦隊が帰って来ましたね||Thank you [for commanding the fleet activities]. The fleet is back.|
|Starting A Sortie||鳳翔、出撃いたします||Houshou will commence action!|
|Battle Start||風向き…良し！航空部隊、発艦！||Wind direction... Check! Air unit, take off!|
|Air Battle||いつまでも演習ってわけにも行きません||We can't be doing exercises forever!||Houshou spent a large part of her time during the WW2 near the mainlands as the practice vessel for newbie pilots.|
|Attack||これは…演習ではなくて実戦よ||This is an actual combat, not an exercise!|
|⇧ shared with day/night special attacks, support expedition team arrival|
|Night Battle||やる時は…やるのです！||I shall do it when I must!|
|MVP||そんな･･･本当ですか？私もお役に立てたのなら…嬉しいです||What... Really? It's my pleasure to have been of some help to you!||She participated in Battle of Midway but did not actively engage in combat.|
|Minor Damage 1||ああっ！ 飛行甲板が！||Uhn!? My flight deck...!|
|Minor Damage 2||あぁぁっ！||Eek!|
|Major Damage||このまま沈む訳には参りませんっ！||I'm not going to sink like this!|
|Sunk||私も…沈むのですね…||Even I... sink as well, huh...||Houshou came unscathed during WW2 because she's outdated.In 1946, she was scrapped.|
| Valentines Day 2016||提督、あの…どうかと思ったのですが、私もチョコレートをお渡しできれば、と…あの…||Admiral, I was thinking if I should also give you chocolate... and so on...|
| Valentines Day 2016||チョコレート、いかがでしたか？きな粉と和三盆を使って和風に…そうですか、よかった！||How was the chocolate? I used soybean flour and fine-grained sugar Japanese style... Is that so? I'm glad.||Secretary 2|
| White Day 2016||提督？これをチョコレートのお返しに？かえってお気を使わせてしまってすみません。||Admiral... this is in exchange for the chocolate? Pardon me for troubling you with the return gift.|
| Spring 2016||春…お花見の季節ですね 提督？空母の皆さんを連れてお花見行かれます？お重をご準備しましょうか？うふふっ 腕によりをかけますね？||Spring... isn't it just the perfect season for flower viewing? Admiral, are you taking everyone from the carrier division together for flower viewing? Shall I prepare the ojuu? Ufufu, doesn't this just excite you?|
| Third Anniversary 2016||提督、艦隊は三周年を迎えました。本当にお疲れ様です。これからも頑張りましょう！||Admiral, the fleet has arrived at its third anniversary. Truly, thank you for your hard work. Let's also do our best from here on!|
| Rainy Season 2016||また雨、こんな日は食べ物が傷みやすくて困ります。洗濯物も、どうしましょう。||It's raining again. I'm troubled that the foods can spoil easily today. There's also the laundry to take care of. What should I do...?|
|For new seasonal lines that may be missing here, check Seasonal|
- Like some other carriers, her attire is based on kyūdo (Japanese archery) equipment. She wears a scarlet kimono, a dark hakama, and a matching tasuki (a rope to tuck up the kimono sleeves to prevent them from getting in the way). She holds a bow with her left hand, and wears a yugake (deerskin glove) on her right hand. Her flight deck is attached to her left arm. She has a set of arrows on her back with the Japanese aircraft insignia (red circle) on the arrow fletchings.
- Hōshō (Houshou) was the world's first commissioned ship that was designed and built as an aircraft carrier (Other carriers in her days were conversions from other types of ships). For this reason, she can be considered to be the "mother" of all carriers and is given a very motherly, reserved and caring personality.
- Her quotes also suggest that she is a stereotypical "good wife" of the old days. You can bet she's a good cook too; in fact, Chitose Carrier Kai 2's hourly line on 7 pm indicates that she runs a restaurant or possibly, an izakaya (something like a pub or a bar).
- Her name literally translates as "phoenix in flight" (鳳=phoenix, 翔=soar/fly).
- Hoshou was the first IJN carrier, and the first vessel in the world that was designed and built as an aircraft carrier, not converted.
- Lowest consumption out of all the carriers, which is good for expeditions.
- Her arrows have orange-yellow fletchings as opposed to the white and green arrow fletchings of other carriers. This is a reference to the IJN's way of painting its training aircraft, a bright yellow or orange color such as Prototype Nanzan.
- She served as a repatriation transport to retrieve Japanese servicemen and civilians stationed overseas and to return them to Japan. During her repatriation mission, she was modified (i.e., her hangars were cut) to carry more passengers to continue her repatriation trips. She ultimately carried transports of about 40,000 passengers before she was scrapped.
- Scrapping began September 2, 1946 after the mission of repatriations was over.
- Participated in the Battle of Midway with the task of providing modest air protection, scouting, and anti-submarine support to the Main Body (consisting of Yamato, Nagato, Mutsu).
- A Yokosuka B4Y 'Jean' from Houshou took aerial photographs of a burning Hiryuu on June 5th 1942 after the Battle of Midway.
- She would have had a sister ship, the IJN Shokaku, which was cancelled in 1922 according to the Washington Naval Treaty; Shoukaku was used for the new Fleet Carrier class following Hiryuu and Soryuu instead.
|Houshou Class Light Carriers|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.