|Seiyuu||Kobayashi Motoko ( )||Availability||Construction (Normal)|
|Artist||Yadokari (やどかり)||Implementation||2013/04/23 (Base)|
2015/01/23 (Kai Ni)
Hatsuharu Class Destroyer
|Armor||6 (19)||Torpedo||27 (69)|
|Evasion||43 ()||AA||9 (39)|
|12.7cm Twin Gun Mount||0|
|- Unequipped -||0|
|- Locked -||-|
|- Locked -||-|
Hatsuharu Class Destroyer
|Armor||13 (49)||Torpedo||28 (79)|
|Evasion||( )||AA||15 (49)|
|61cm Triple (Oxygen) Torpedo Mount||0|
|25mm Twin Autocannon Mount||0|
|- Unequipped -||0|
|- Locked -||-|
Hatsushimo Kai Ni
Hatsuharu Class Destroyer
|Armor||14 (55)||Torpedo||28 (85)|
|Evasion||( )||AA||35 (81)|
|12.7cm Twin High-angle Gun Mount (Late Model)||0|
|Type 13 Air Radar Kai||0|
|Type 91 Anti-Aircraft Fire Director||0|
|- Locked -||-|
|Introduction||初春型四番艦、初霜です。皆さん、よろしくお願いします！||Fourth ship of the Hatsuharu class, Hatsushimo. Everyone, I'm very pleased to meet you!|
|Kai Ni||初春型四番艦、初霜です。気力、振り絞って参りましょう！||Fourth ship of the Hatsuharu-class, Hatsushimo. Let's go and give it our all!|
|Fourth of the Hatsuharu-class destroyers, Hatsushimo.|
I was in lots of hard battles like the Operation AL, the Battle of the Komandorski Islands, the occupation of Kiska, the Battle of the Philippine Sea, Operation Hoku-Go and Ten-Ichi-Gō!
I really did my best!
|Hatsushimo was the very last Japanese destroyer lost in WWII.|
|Secretary 1||準備万端ですよ||Preparations, complete.|
|Secretary 2||はい、いつでもご質問どうぞ||Yes, you can ask a question any time.|
|Kai Ni||そうですね、できるだけ助けたいわ、提督だってそうでしょう？||That's right, I want to save as many as I can...you're the same, aren't you, Admiral?|
|Secretary 3||て、提督…？ああ、魚雷管の角度を直してくれてるんですね？いつもすみません||A-Admiral? Oh, you fixed the angle of my torpedo tube? Thank you as always.|
|Kai Ni||て、提督？あぁ、電探の調整してくれてるんですね。私ったら、いつもすみません||A-Admiral? Ahh, you’re adjusting my RADAR, aren’t you? How silly of me; thank you as always.|
|Idle (Kai)||浜風さん・・・矢矧さんも大丈夫かしら・・・。あっ！提督！私は大丈夫。提督も、お救いします！||Hamakaze...Yahagi too, I wonder if they're okay...ah! Admiral! I'm just fine. I would save you too!|
|Secretary Married||やっちゃいます！||That did it!|
|Kai||えっ？少し・・・悲しいですね。い、いいえ！大丈夫。提督は分かってくれますよね。それで十分です。私が・・・ありがとう、提督。||Eh? I feel...a little sad. ...N-No, it's okay. You understand me, Admiral. That's more than enough for me... Thank you, Admiral...|
|Wedding||キスカ。……って、ごめんなさい！ 今の私は、恋愛には興味が無いの……。それでも、待ってて……くれるの？||Kiska... Ah, I'm sorry! I'm not interested in romance right now... even so, will you wait for me...?|
|Looking At Scores||提督に、ご連絡があるみたい||It seems like there's a message for you, Admiral.|
|Kai Ni||そうですね、戦況分析は大事です。無謀な作戦はダメ！ですからね？||Yes, our combat strategy is important. Say "no" to reckless plans! Right?|
|Joining A Fleet||初霜、出撃します！||Hatsushimo, sortieing!|
|Equipment 1||うん！ちょうどいいわ！||Yeah! Just right!|
|Equipment 2||これはすごいわ！ありがとう！||This is awesome! Thank you!|
|Equipment 3||やっちゃいます！||That did it!|
|⇧ shared with expedition selection, resource collection, instant repair and development|
|Supply||うん、ちょうどいいわ！||Yeah! Just right!|
|Kai||補給ありがとうございます。可燃物、降ろしておきましょうか？||Thank you for resupplying me. Should I set down the flammable materials?|
|Docking Minor||ちょっとだけ、休憩ね。||I'll take a break, just for a bit.|
|Docking Major||これでまた、みんなを守れるわ。||With this, I'll be able to protect everyone again.|
|Docking Complete||修理の終わった仲間がいますね||A comrade has finished being repaired.|
|Construction||新しい仲間が誕生したようです||Looks like a new comrade has been born.|
|Returning From Sortie||艦隊が帰投したみたい、お疲れ様||It seems the fleet's returned to base. Good work!|
|Starting A Sortie||戦艦の護衛なら任せてね||Leave the battleship escorting to me!||Hatsushimo was responsible for escorting Ise, Hyuuga, Haruna and Yamato during the final stretch of the war.|
|Kai Ni||出撃、ですね。気を引き締めて、頑張ります！||A sortie, then? I'll brace myself and do my best!|
|Battle Start||敵艦発見です！||Enemy spotted!|
|⇧ shared with day/night special attacks, support expedition team arrival|
|Night Battle||ほんと詰めが甘いのね||They really slack off near the end, you know?|
|Kai Ni||水雷戦隊の本来の力、今こそ発揮です！||It's time to demonstrate the Torpedo Squadron's true power!|
|Night Attack||私が、守ります！||I'll protect us!|
|MVP||一隻でも一人でも、救えるならば私は、それで満足なの||Even if it's just one boat, just one man, if I can save them, then I'm satisfied.||Hatsushimo rescued many survivors, including those from Yahagi, Hamakaze and Wakaba. Probably in part inspired by her final captain, Sakawa Masazou, an outspoken humanitarian as revealed by post-war interviews.|
|Minor Damage 1||きゃっ！？||Kyaa!|
|Minor Damage 2||信じられません…||Unbelievable...|
|Major Damage||ま…まだ…沈んだり……しないわ。||Not...not yet. I won't sink...!||Hatsushimo lasted later into the war than any other non-surviving Kanmusu. She did not actually go under but was rather wrecked by a mine and towed to harbour in 1948 where she was dismantled, around the same time as Ushio.|
|Sunk||提督...みんな...ご無事ですか...？ なら...いいの...||Admiral...everyone...are you okay...? Then...it's fine...|
Hourly Notifications (Kai)Edit
|00:00||提督、本日は、この初霜がおそばでお役に立ちたいと思います。お助けできることがあれば、なんでも、おっしゃってくださいね！私、できるだけ頑張ります！！||Admiral, today I, Hatsushimo, will serve at your side. If there's anything I can help with, whatever it is, please let me know, okay? I'll do my very best!|
|01:00||マルヒトマルマルです。提督、お手伝いできることがあれば、お知らせくださいね||It's 0100. Admiral, if there's anything I can help with, please let me know, okay?|
|02:00||マルフタマルマルです。あれっこんな時間に...？私、見てきますね。何でしょう...？||It's 0200. Ah, at this hour...? I'll go check. What could it be...?|
|03:00||マルサンマルマルです。提督、なんでも、ありませんでした。でも、扉が開いていて...あっ、なに...?||It's 0300. Admiral, it was nothing after all. But the door is open...ah, what is it now...?|
|04:00||マルヨンマルマルです。あっ、お茶ですね。了解しました！すぐに！||It's 0400. Ah, tea, right? Understood! Right away!|
|05:00||マルゴーマルマルです。提督、お茶のおかわりはいかがですか？はいっ！了解です！||It's 0500. Admiral, would you care for more tea? Ah, okay! Understood!|
|06:00||マルロクマルマルです。提督、そろそろ艦隊のみなさんに総員起こし、かけますね。…大丈夫。優しくしますから！（大きく息を吸う音）||It's 0600. Admiral, it's about time we do the wake-up call for everyone in the fleet! ...Don't worry. I'll go easy on them! *very deep breath*||It doesn't sound like she's going to go easy on them at all.|
|07:00||マルナナマルマルです。提督、朝食の用意は、こちらに！今朝のお味噌汁は、大根と菜っ葉にしました。||It's 0700. Admiral, breakfast is ready! I made this morning's miso soup with daikon and nappa!||Daikon is long white radish. Nappa refers to vegetable leaves used in cooking.|
|08:00||マルハチマルマルです。お昼用に、おむすびを握っておきますね。姉さん達の分も！ よし、できた♡||It's 0800. I'm preparing onigiri for today. For my sisters as well! ...There, all done!|
|09:00||マルキュウマルマルです。提督、今朝の艦隊運用は、何からお始まりになりますか？…艦隊演習？了解です！||It's 0900. Admiral, how shall we start deploying the fleet this morning? ...Fleet drills? Understood!|
|10:00||ヒトマルマルマルです。あら、朝霜さん！おはようございますっ！今お戻りですか？お疲れ様です！||It's 1000. Oh, Asashimo-san! Good morning!! Are you just getting back? Great work!||Asashimo and Hatsushimo served together in the final months of the war. Both accompanied Yamato during Operation Ten-Ichi-Gou, but only Hatsushimo returned.|
|11:00||ヒトヒトマルマ…あっ、大淀さん、お疲れ様です！…はい、大丈夫です！初霜、元気にやっております！||It's 1100. Ah, Ooyodo-san, great work! ...Yes, I'm okay! I'm doing great!||Hatsushimo, Kasumi and Asashimo accompanied Ooyodo during the successful escort mission, Operation Kita.|
|12:00||ヒトフタマルマルです。提督、お昼にしましょう。はいっ、お結びです。どうぞ召し上がれ！お茶も、どう～ぞ。…あっはい！暑いですよ。気を付けて！||It's 1200. Admiral, let's have lunch. Yes, it's onigiri. Go on and dig in! And here's some tea~ Yes! It's quite hot. Be careful!|
|13:00||ヒトサンマルマルです。…えっ、姉さんが探してたんですか？あっ、いけない！提督、ごめんなさい！少しだけお待ちくださいね。||It's 1300. ...Eh, my sister was looking for me? Ah, I'll have to go! Admiral, I'm sorry! Please wait just a little bit, okay?||Hatsushimo uses 姉さん (neesan, older sister) in this line, but because all three of the Hatsuharu-class destroyers in Kancolle predated her, it's unclear as to which one she's referring to.|
|14:00||ヒトヨンマルマルです。はっはい。大丈夫ですぅ！姉さん達、みんな、今日も元気です！よかった...。||It's 1400. Y-Yes. Everything is fine! All of my sisters are doing great today as well. I'm so glad...||All of Hatsushimo's sister ships (excluding non-implemented Ariake and Yuugure) sunk in action with her during the war. By the end of 1944, Hatsushimo was the only Hatsuharu-class left, and had rescued several of her sisters' former sailors.|
|15:00||ヒトゴマルマルです。え、北号作戦…ですか。はい。上手く行ってよかった！伊勢さん、日向さん、さすがです！||It's 1500. Eh, Operation Kita...yes. It's so good it went well! As expected of Ise-san and Hyuuga-san!||Operation Kita was among the last successful Japanese naval operations of World War II. Hatsushimo, along with Ooyodo, Kasumi and Asashimo, successfully escorted Ise and Hyuuga back to Japan.|
|16:00||ヒトロクマルー矢矧さん！お疲れ様です。はいっ！初霜、問題ありません。いつでも！||It's 160 -- Yahagi-san! Good work today. Yes! No problems at all here. Like always!||Hatsushimo served with Yahagi during Ten-Ichi-Gou, the disastrous suicide mission in which the battleship Yamato sunk. She saved her survivors, and after the battle took over Yahagi's role as flagship of the Second Torpedo Squadron (which was promptly dissolved).|
|17:00||ヒトナナマルマルです。提督…そうですね。あの戦いは、大変なものでした。私は…私は…!||It's 1700. Admiral...yes, that's right. That battle was truly horrific. And I...I...!||Considering the timing of this line, this probably refers to Ten-Ichi-Gou.|
|18:00||ヒトハチマルマルです。ごめんなさい、提督。今、お夕食の用意をしますね。お待ちください。||It's 1800. I'm sorry, Admiral. Right now, I'm preparing dinner. Please wait a moment.|
|19:00||ヒトキュウマルマルです。今日は、イワシのつみれ汁と麦飯と…はいっ！お代わりもあります。召し上がれ！||It's 1900. Today we're having minced sardine soup with rice boiled with barley, and...yes! There's enough for seconds. Dig in!|
|20:00||フタマルマルマルです。提督、艦隊の皆さん。本当にお疲れ様。今日も、お疲れ様でした。||It's 2000. Admiral, everyone in the fleet. Really good work. You did a fantastic job today as well.|
|21:00||フタヒトマルマルです。提督、今という時間、本当に大切な、大切な時間ですね。初霜…そう思います。||It's 2100. Admiral, this time of day is really a special, special time. I...really think so.|
|22:00||フタフタマルマルです。提督、そろそろ本日はおやすみになってください。たまにはゆっくり、ねっ？||It's 2200. Admiral, please start getting ready for bed. Take it easy sometimes, okay?|
|23:00||フタサンマルマルです。提督、本日一日、大変お疲れさまでした。明日も...きっと明日も...お休みなさい。||It's 2300. Admiral, thank you for another hard day's work. And tomorrow...surely, we'll do it again tomorrow...goodnight.|
- Brick red eyes and long black hair held together with a red hair tie towards the end, though nevertheless a little messy all around.
- Dresses in a black suit jacket with a matching skirt over a white button-down shirt and red tie; wears black socks and brown penny loafers.
- She holds two small main cannons in both hands resembling dual 12.7cm naval guns, though the left gun only has a single turret (which was the standard for Hatsuharu class destroyers until post-1942 when they were replaced with additional anti-air guns), with 61cm triple torpedo mounts attached to either side of her torso. Her mainmast and funnel, mounted on her back, are apparent as well.
- Her design from the point of view of her rigging/armaments appears to reflect the real ship at the outset of the war.
Second Remodel Edit
- Hatsushimo Kai Ni gains a blue hachimaki along with a new (piped) blazer. In this outfit, she's forgone her tie, rolled up her sleeves and appears to have followed in the example of Yahagi and Yamato (two of her Operation Ten-Ichi-Gō comrades), wearing one thigh-high sock on the left leg and her usual on the right.
- Unlike her real-life counterpart, she's kept her single-turret 12.7cm gun and appears to have opted for the installation of a 40mm 2-pounder single-turret as well, another gun the real Hatsushimo had replaced with 25mm AA weaponry. Like her latewar self, however, a Type 13 RADAR has been affixed to her mainmast. This old equipment being retained is perhaps a reference to gameplay more than anything; the loss of her single turret would serve to reduce her firepower considerably (Shigure similarly keeps her own single turret in her second remodel). The Vickers 40mm gun's heavier rounds could be more effective than the Hotchkiss 25mm's against Abyssal planes, which have sloped armour and tend to fly lower than the ones she fended off in real life, but that much is debatable.
- Much of her personality may be based on her final and most significant captain, Sakawa Masazou (酒匂雅三), a devoted humanitarian. Many of Hatsushimo's traits seem to match up with his own, particularly her outspoken desire to protect the player and her fellow Kanmusu.
- Her dialogue is spoken in a polite, feminine but enthusiastic tone. She is protective, careful and kind to a fault. At the same time, though, Hatsushimo is brave and strong-willed, a reference to the ship's decorated service history and her crew's accomplishments during the late war.
- Voices the beginning of the game's tutorial.
- Ran into a mine (while fleeing an air raid along with Yukikaze through a friendly mine-field) and was beached, 30 July 1945 at Miyazu Bay, Kyoto (35°33′N 135°12′E) with the loss of seventeen sailors.
- Hatsushimo took part in Operation Ten-Ichi-Gō, Yamato's final mission, and took even less damage during it than Yukikaze, emerging unscathed with two sailors injured. By contrast she rescued approximately 310 people from the crews of the sinking Yahagi and Hamakaze.
- Her name means "first frost of the year", often associated with the month November.
- It was first carried by the second Torpedo Boat Destroyer of the First Kamikaze class in 1905.
- An anchor was retrieved from her wreckage and is currently displayed outside of the Yamada Memorial Hospital (Google Maps Street View) in Sumida City, Tokyo.
☑ Blur NSFW CG ☒ Blur NSFW CG
☑ Blur other damaged CG ☒ Blur other damaged CG
|Hatsuharu Class Destroyers|
|Hatsuharu · Nenohi · Wakaba · Hatsushimo|
|Ariake · Yuugure|