- Event Details:
- Official Title: 捷号決戦！邀撃、レイテ沖海戦(後篇)
- Unofficially titled: Showdown at Operation Shō-Gō! Battle of Leyte Gulf (Part 2)
- Starting Date: February 16th, 2018
- Duration: 4.5 Weeks
- Scale: LARGE.
- Limited-time Event Maps
- Number of Maps: 7
- Main Operation : 4 Maps
- Extra Operation : 3 Map
- Number of Maps: 7
- Winter 2018 Event will be the FINAL event of Kancolle Phase 1.
- Winter 2018 Event will be based on the remaining Naval Battles from the Battle of Leyte which were not covered in the Fall 2017 Event.
- Will contain a Large Battle of the Surface Combined Fleet.
- It will feature a Grand Hot Battle for Musashi, and Zuikaku in the Event.
- In the December 27th Update, the LSC Success Rate for Musashi has been increased for Players who do not own her yet, in preparation before the Winter Event.
- It has been stated that Musashi isn't completely mandatory however.
- Medium (乙) and Hard (甲) mode has been stated to be "Suitably Difficult".
|10cm Twin High-angle Gun Mount Kai + Additional Machine Guns||Secondary Gun||Musashi Kai Ni Stock Equipment|
|130mm B-13 Twin Gun Mount||Small Caliber Main Gun||E-4 Reward|
|QF 4.7inch Gun Mk.XII Kai||Small Caliber Main Gun||Jervis Stock Equipment|
|533mm Triple Torpedo Mount||Torpedo||?|
|SK Radar||Large Radar||?|
|SK + SG Radar||Large Radar||?|
|Shiden Kai (343 Air Group) 301st Fighter Squadron||Interceptor Fighter||?|
|51cm Twin Gun Mount||Large Caliber Main Gun||?|
|Escort Water Princess
||Abyssal Light Carrier|
|Light Carrier Nu-Class
||Abyssal Light Carrier|
|Aircraft Carrier Princess
||Abyssal Standard Carrier|
|New Submarine Princess
|Abyssal Night Cat Fighter||Carrier-based Fighter Aircraft|
|Abyssal Night Dive Bomber||Carrier-based Dive Bomber|
|Abyssal Night Revenge Torpedo Bomber||Carrier-based Torpedo Bomber|
February 16th UpdatesEdit
- Second Upgrade: Musashi Kai Ni
- Requires Level 89+
- This remodel allows her to utilize Five (5) Main Equipment Slots.
- Reinforcement Expansion may still be applied on her, and will enable her to utilize 6 Equipment Slots for numerous possible setups.
- Requires the following materials for the Remodel:
- Stock equipment:
Event-Exclusive Special CG/VoicelinesEdit
- Winter 2018 Event Exclusive Special CGs and Voicelines will be given to certain Ship Girls.
New Event MechanicsEdit
New Event Hard to Easier Difficulty Change MechanicEdit
- Starting from this Event, if you happen to be in Medium (乙) OR Hard (甲) Mode and have at the time depleted a high volume of the Boss total HP Bar, but decide to change down into an Easier Difficulty, your progress from the higher difficulty will be applied to the lower difficulty to a certain level.
- Hidden Gimmicks Required are different depending on the Difficulty played.
- If you change your difficulty down from a Hard/Medium into an Easier Difficulty, the Gimmick(s) you have already accomplished will be inherited onto the Lower Difficulty you have chosen up to an extent.
- At certain Maps, if you were in progress of doing Hard Mode, but change your difficulty down to Easy Mode, then there are chances that a New Operation Route may appear in the Map.
New Difficulty: "Very Easy (丁)" ModeEdit
- Starting from this Event, there will be a New Difficulty known as the "Tei" (丁) Difficulty (Tentatively called "Very Easy" Mode).
- They are for Admirals who are extremely busy with Life, and hasn't been able to play all that much as well, but wish to clear the Event.
- The Friend Fleet is a NPC Support Fleet that appears during the Night Battle Phase of a Boss Battle in certain Event Maps to support your fleet in sinking the Boss.
- In certain Event Maps when you are against the Main Boss of the Map, when your Fleet enters the Night Battle Phase against the Boss, before your fleet initiates their attack against the Boss, the Friend Fleet will appear to attack the Boss first.
- The Friend Fleets have multiple Fleets with preset Ships and Equipment Setups.
- The Ships appearing in the Friend Fleet are Non-Modernized.
February 21st Live UpdateEdit
Zuihou 2nd RemodelEdit
Zuihou has received Two Convertible Remodels between Kai Ni and Kai Ni B remodel Vice-Versa.
- Second Convertible Upgrade: Zuihou Kai Ni
- Third Convertible Upgrade: Zuihou Kai Ni B
- Requires Level 80+
- Obtains ASW stats and able to initiate OASW Attack.
- Able to join Transport Combined Fleet
Opening of Extra OperationsEdit
- The Winter 2018 Event Extra Operations (E-5 to E-7) will now be available for Players to participate in.
New Friend Fleet CompositionsEdit
- New Compositions of the Friend Fleet are now available and will be appearing in the Extra Operation.
Historical Ships PreparationEdit
The Center Historical Ships & FleetEdit
The Following are Names of the Fleet and the Ships who had historically participated in the Naval Battles listed above which the Winter 2018 Event will be based off, which you are highly recommended to take priority and focus on preparing for the next Event.
The Center Force (Kurita Fleet)Edit
The most powerful attacking force during the Battle of Leyte Gulf led by Takeo Kurita.
- (F)BB: Yamato, Musashi, Nagato, Kongou, Haruna
- CA(V): Atago, Takao, Maya, Choukai, Myoukou, Haguro, Kumano
, Tone, Chikuma
- CL: Noshiro, Yahagi
- DD: Shimakaze, Hayashimo, Okinami, Naganami, Asashimo, Nowaki, Kiyoshimo, Urakaze, Yukikaze, Hamakaze, Isokaze
The Northern Force (Ozawa Fleet)Edit
The Northern Force led by Jisaburō Ozawa during the Battle of Leyte Gulf.
- CV(B): Zuikaku
- CVL: Chitose
- BBV: Hyuuga, Ise
- CL: Isuzu, Ooyodo, Tama
- DD: Akizuki, Hatsuzuki
Other Historical ShipsEdit
The following are the Fleets & Ships of the Nishimura and Shima Fleet, who were the centerpiece of the Fall 2017 Event. They have been hinted to possibly be required for the next Winter Event as well. Please be advised Whether you prepare the following Ships or not is under your discretion.
The Southern Force (Nishimura Fleet)Edit
The vanguard of the "Southern Force" during the Battle of Leyte Gulf led by Shōji Nishimura.
The Second Striking Force (Shima Fleet)Edit
The rear of the "Southern Force" during the Battle of Leyte Gulf led by Kiyohide Shima.
Recommended Equipment PreparationEdit
The Following are specific types of Equipment you should take priority preparing when you are considering to participate in an Event.
- First Above: Learn Your Ships' Equipment Setups First!
- Also Learn your Ships' Gun Fit Bonus and Penalties!
- Seaplane Fighters
- Land-based Attack Aircraft
- Torpedo Bombers and Dive Bombers
- Saiun - For disabling Red T.
- Also Applicable to be used alongside Interceptors for Air Defense Purposes as it gives 1.3x Bonus.
- Jet-Powered Fighter-Bombers
- First above, please know about Opening ASW Attack, aka "OASW".
- Please take special note that the use of the Equipment Combination of SONAR + Depth Charge Projector + Depth Charge will result in the highest ASW Damage Multiplier.
- Depth Charge Projector
- Sole recommended equipment is Type 3 Depth Charge Projector
- Depth Charge
- Recommended Equipment is the Type 2 Depth Charge.
If you are not familiar with Installation-type Bosses, please make sure to visit the Installation Type Information Page.
- Type 3 Shell
- WG42 (Wurfgerät 42)
- Daihatsu Landing Craft, Daihatsu Landing Craft (Type 89 Medium Tank & Landing Force)
- Special Type 2 Amphibious Tank
Anti-PT Imps EquipmentEdit
The PT Imp Pack are based on PT Boats treated as Abyssal Destroyers, and are very high in evasion and can only be effectively hit by certain Equipment.
Night Battle EquipmentEdit
- Equipment that are specialized in giving you an edge during the night battle phase.
- Each equipment works uniquely and either needs a certain requirement for it to activate, or it gives you an immediate boost at the cost of something else.
- Searchlight and Type 96 150cm Searchlight
- Fleet's accuracy and cut-in rate increases while enemy fleet's cut-in rate decreases. The stronger the searchlight, the stronger the effect applied.
- Ships equipped with a Searchlight will receive an penalty and will also be targeted more often.
- The regular Searchlight can be equipped by Destroyer, Light Cruiser, Heavy Cruiser, Aviation Cruiser, Seaplane Tender, Battleship and Aviation Battleship.
- The larger Type 96 150cm Searchlight can only be equipped by Battleships, Zara due and Commandant Teste.
- Star Shell
- Fire flares to illuminate the skies and discover the enemies.
- Fleet's accuracy and cut-in rate increases while enemy fleet's cut-in rate decreases.
- Unlike the Searchlight, the Star Shell does not have any negative effects when triggered, but this comes at the cost of not being guaranteed to always trigger.
- The Star Shell can be equipped by Destroyer, Light Cruiser, Heavy Cruiser, Aviation Cruiser, Seaplane Tender, Battleship, Aviation Battleship, Torpedo Cruiser, Repair Ship and Submarine Tender.
- Type 98 Reconnaissance Seaplane (Night Recon)
- Similar to Recon Seaplane in functionality, but has additional effects during night battle.
- If successfully triggered, will result in 'Night Contact' which boosts the following:
- 10% Accuracy boost
- Increased critical hit rate
- +5 Firepower
- Night Contact will only trigger if the air state is not Air Incapability or Air Parity if it started during day.
- Night Contact will always have a chance to trigger if the battle started during night.
Hints and AdviceEdit
- Make sure your fleet is prepared in all departments (Ex. Do not neglect your AV, SS, and/or AO).
- Transport Combined Fleet are always a possibility in Events. Please do not neglect your Destroyers, Light Cruisers, Aviation Cruisers
- Anti-Submarine Warfares are always a possibility in Events. Please prepare enough ASW Equipment and Destroyers & Light Cruisers capable of using OASW attacks.
- Installation-type Boss and Enemies are always a possibility in Events. Please prepare enough Anti-Installation Equipment such as Type 3 Shell.
- Make sure to prepare a large amount of resources.
- Give yourself at least 1 month of time to start stockpiling your resources.
- Make sure to prepare a good amount of Aircrafts with good stats, especially with large range for Land Base Aerial Support and for your Aircraft Carriers (Ex. Do not neglect your Skilled Aircraft Conversion Monthly Quests as they give good aircrafts and are excellent to use in Land Base Aerial Support).
- Please remember that Type 96 Land-based Attack Aircraft is craftable. If you are lacking in Land-based Attack Aircrafts, please try to craft some.
- Do not jump into the Event on Day 1 if you aren't a Frontliner. Wait for the Frontliners to gather/publish confirmed fleet compositions and branching rules for each Event Maps. Be patient.
- Some Initial Information may turn out to be partially confirmed, so please be patient until all information are completely verified first if you wish for a more smoother time running your Event.
- Most important advice: Keep your sanity high.
- Manual Node Selection
- Combined Fleet
- HP Bar Variance
- Multiple Branching Map
- Event limited time quests
- Transport Loadoff
- armor-break debuff
- Abyssal Combined Fleet
- Land Base Aerial Support
- Striking Force
- IS MY FLEET READY? WANNA SEE MY SHIPLIST? - Forum board
- Quick FAQs and Tips on what to prepare - Still based on Summer 2015 but overall tips are similar
- Newface Event Preparation Guide
- Medium/Hard Mode Event Preparation Guide