46cm Triple Gun Mount
|Coastal Defense Ship||Destroyer|
|Light Cruiser||Torpedo Cruiser|
|Heavy Cruiser||Training Cruiser|
|Aviation Cruiser||Fast Battleship|
|Light Carrier||Standard Aircraft Carrier|
|Armored Carrier||Seaplane Tender|
|Submarine||Aircraft Carrying Submarine|
|Submarine Tender||Fleet Oiler|
|Repair Ship||Amphibious Assault Ship|
The largest and most powerful ship gun ever built, developed confidentially at Kure Naval Arsenal Gunnery.
This gun was able to outrange enemy battleships with a firing range of over 40 km, dubbed as 16 inch guns officially for secrecy.
Also able to carry out strong anti-air firing with the "Type 3 Shell".
- Spring 2013 Event E-2 reward.
- Development requires at least 10 , 240 , 250 , 10 , with Ammo as primary resource for a drop rate of 4%. Isolated reports exist of successful development with Bauxite as primary resource at probability ~ 2%. No reports exist of successful development with Fuel/Steel as primary resource.
|Improvement Cost: 50 480 800 50||★||S||M||T||W||T||F||S||Helper Ship|
|Consumes: 1x 46cm Triple Gun Mount||0||6/8||4/6||M||M|
Musashi Kai (Kai Ni)
|Consumes: 2x 46cm Triple Gun Mount||6||8/10||5/8|
|Consumes: 2x New Model Gun Mount Improvement Material|
4x 46cm Triple Gun Mount
Produces: 1x 46cm Triple Gun Mount Kai
Officially the largest caliber guns ever equipped on warships. In the real world, it was purpose-built and equipped only on the Yamato-class, but in the KanColle world, even the Kongou-class can carry this (but will suffer accuracy penalties). After the war, the technology used to rotate this turret was applied to the mechanics of a revolving restaurant on top of Hotel New Otani. The lathe used to machine the barrel of 46 cm guns are still active today at Kure.
- This is also the only main cannon other than the 10cm Twin High-angle Gun Mount that provides an additional bonus to fleet anti-air defense.
- This cannon has overweight penalties when used on all battleships except for Yamato class, which severely decreases accuracy. It is advised not to use two or more in a combined fleet because of the augmentation of accuracy penalties in combined fleets.
- The 46 cm gun turret weighs nearly 2800 tons each, which is heavier than the Akizuki-class at standard displacement.