12.7cm Twin Gun Mount Model B Kai 2
|Coastal Defense Ship||Destroyer|
|Light Cruiser||Torpedo Cruiser|
|Heavy Cruiser||Training Cruiser|
|Aviation Cruiser||Fast Battleship|
|Light Carrier||Standard Aircraft Carrier|
|Armored Carrier||Seaplane Tender|
|Submarine||Aircraft Carrying Submarine|
|Submarine Tender||Fleet Oiler|
|Repair Ship||Amphibious Assault Ship|
This is main cannon of destroyers with minor changes. It is quite identical with the base form, having a fully shielded turret for protection against shrapnel and the elements, and also with an improved gun elevation. It is said to be mounted aboard destroyers, such as on the Yuudachi.
- October 2013 Ranking Reward for Top 20-100.
|Improvement Cost: 10 40 70||★||S||M||T||W||T||F||S||Helper Ship|
|✗||✗||Ayanami Kai Ni|
Kawakaze Kai Ni
Yuudachi Kai Ni
|Consumes: 1x 12.7cm Twin Gun Mount Model B Kai 2||6||2/4|
|Consumes: 3x 12.7cm Twin Gun Mount
Produces: 1x 12.7cm Twin Gun Mount Model C Kai 2
|Yuudachi Kai Ni||+1||+1||+1||+2|
|Shigure Kai Ni||+1|
|Kawakaze Kai Ni||+2|
Murasame Kai Ni
- This gun is the modified version of the twin gun Model B which was used by Ayanami-class and Akatsuki-class destroyer. The main difference between the Type A and Type B is that instead of the former's elevation range of −5° to +40°, type B's range is upgraded to 75°, which is required for the more complicated and effective AA systems installed on newer destroyers. Type B armor, however, was too thin to withstand heavy seas and splinter damage, so the Type B Kai was introduced, adding more protection.
- First mounted on Hatsuharu-class destroyers, but the effectiveness is unknown.
- 12.7 cm/50 Type 3 naval gun
- 50口径三年式12.7センチ砲 (Japanese Wikipedia)
- Japan 12.7 cm/50 (5") 3rd Year Type (NavWeaps)